1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

unscrupulous people

Bango Skank Sep 22, 2014

1. Bango Skank

Bango Skank Level: True Devil

So I recently gave $30 to an old acquaintance of mine in order for this individual to procure me an item. I won’t get into specifics, but as it turns out this individual took it upon himself to appropriate those funds for his own gain.

At first this bothered me but as I thought about it more and more I realized that every time I dwelled on the subject I smiled and began to laugh. This vexed me to a certain extent because I should have anticipated this occurrence, but the reason I found it funny was because on any given night I literally piss thirty dollars into my toilet. I find it hilarious that a person can be so unscrupulous as to rip someone off, someone they went to school with, someone who they will see again, over a measly $30.

Some people really have no true grasp on life.

I mean shit, if the transaction had gone through it is likely he would have had the chance at much, much more money.

And now what chance is there? Not very fucking much and there is always the fact that I will never forget.

Any way that lesson cost me $30 and as much as I would like to reprise I feel the lesson was worth that.

2. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

[YOUTUBE]78-4RobJQ0Y[/YOUTUBE]

begreen61 likes this.
  3. Everyday Alchemy

Everyday Alchemy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

As my father would have told me... that was a $30 lesson.

4. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

There is this guy I know. Really friendly guy. Perpetually down on his luck, or so it seems. Can't keep a job. Wife leaves him. The works.

He was a chef of some sort at a really nice celebrity chef's restaurant. Gets fired. Says he has to become a bike courier on a WalMart bike.

I was selling some cycling clothes, probably $50 worth. I felt bad for him, so I decided to let them go for $10 to help him out. The day we meet up for the exchange, he 'loses' his wallet. I know he's trying to fuck with me, so I decide to have some fun.

I give him the clothes and say next time we meet, he will pay me. I keep running into him, but he never has the money. Soon he is ducking me. I think its funny because it's only $10, but he's acting like I'm a mob guy collecting some huge gambling debt.

He gets another job. Pays well. He keeps bragging on FaceBook about his new $800 bike, new top of the line gear, etc. Still ducking me for $10.Gets fired. Failed a drug test.

I find out he's working at one of our favorite bars.

I go in and start a tab. He never asks for my ID or card. It's the Sunday Night Ride, so there are tons of fellow cyclists. I buy a few rounds. Rack up a decent bill.

Walk out.

We're even now, bitch. :bwah:

I saw him a couple of months after that. He didn't say shit to me.

begreen61 likes this.
  5. Bango Skank

roger that-

begreen61 likes this.
  6. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

begreen61 likes this.
  7. Everyday Alchemy

Everyday Alchemy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

zorro and begreen61 like this.
  8. elusiveweasle

elusiveweasle Brigade Member Brigade Member

I'm going to have nightmares about that.

begreen61 likes this.
  9. Ironminer

Ironminer Huge member

Worth the $30.00 to be rid of him.

begreen61 likes this.
  10. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

I've known a few people that in the end I just took the hit to not have to deal with them anymore.

Laptops, game consoles, computer parts, musical equipment,- you name it.

This one kid sold my sega dreamcast, then called me up like two weeks later, directing me to a person who was selling another one. Didn't even fucking offer to buy me a new one. son of a bitch.

11. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

agreed ! friends like that you don't need .Hey you got 0.00 I can have:ross:

12. thevinstigator

thevinstigator JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I got a friend of mine a job making $125000 per year doing some easy work, prior to this job he didn`t even have a checking account and he is 28 at the time.
    He comes to me as we were working on shift together and asks to borrow $400 till the following friday. I know him and we make some good money so I figure he is good for it.
    Friday he comes in and he forgot his wallet, Saturday he comes in and forgot the cash, Sunday he also forgets.
    At this point I already figure he will never borrow a dime from me again. I am from the school of thought that you do what you say your going to do, if you say friday it HAS to be friday.
    He eventually remembers and pays me back like a week later.

About 2 weeks later we are out having a smoke and he is telling me about some of his finances and buying some things for his girl and kid then spills that he has like $15000 saved in his dresser, for his rainy day fund. FML, his prior employment was as a roofer and you worked like 6-7 months and then had to live off your savings till things picked up. So this fucker has money stashed but borrows from me so he doesn`t have to use his own cash.

13. woodlander

woodlander Brigade Member Brigade Member

Unfortunately, several of the posts in this thread illustrate the old saying "education is never free". I have mostly found it to be true.

14. Bango Skank

Does an orange taste as good that you didn't have to peel?

15. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

What? Is the answer: "Marijuana"?

If so, I don't really want to hear about it....

16. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

What are you smoking?

It's a parable about whether working for it makes it better...whatever IT is.

Wow. Weed on the mind much?

obi

17. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

You must not have read the initial post in this thread :devilcorn::devilroll:

18. Southern Cross

Southern Cross Level: True Devil

Definitely a bitch move for $30. People will do some dumb evil shit for money...at any amount.

You guys may have actually heard of this c-bomb. Maybe...two...three years ago it was big in the news. A friend of mine had this evil, waste of skin wife...I mean a real evil bitch. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed and let her walk all over him. He was oblivious to just about everything horrifying she ever did. Anyway...this c-bomb faked having cancer and took a ton of people for some serious money. Local restaurants...friends...old friends from school...she used Facebook to hit everyone up for money for her "treatment". She faked the effects of chemo...faked a stomach tube and losing hair...evil bitch. She even took a local sort of celebrity's wife, Buckey Lacek (pro skater) for some serious money. She was kind enough to give her money for a trip to Disney World for her kids. She came to a party at our house once and my mother, a nurse, pulled my friend aside and said look...nobody with stomach cancer eats like she just did...nobody...she is lying to you! He just went on believing her. She eventually got caught...oddly enough right around the time when all of us lost a great friend to cancer. I've never seen someone hated as much as she was. I could go on about all the evil shit she did. Thankfully she is still in jail.

So like the others have said...you gotta a deal at $30 to be rid of that guy.

Ironminer likes this.
  19. Virgil

Virgil Brigade Member Brigade Member

unscrupulous people...

people like that, punch 'em in the nose ( when nobodies looking ), twice if they don't go down with the first one - gets their attention like nothing else...

20. Masharp81

Masharp81 Angelus Mortis JDBA Official Member

I remember seeing that bitch in the news.. Talk about unscrupulous. It takes a twisted individual to be able to do something like that. Happy to hear she is spending her time in a jail cell.