1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

UK inches closer to eliminating private car ownership

xeodguy Dec 28, 2021

1. xeodguy

xeodguy Little member

It could happen, in the UK, according to this:

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/uk-inches-closer-eliminating-private-180000325.html

(I read the article as originally published on Motorious, and it is identical.)

I looked forward to getting my learner's permit in Florida when I was 15, and to getting my unrestricted license at 16, because a car meant freedom. I suppose if all cars are self driving, and electric, and mass transit is the preferred method of transport (particularly in urban areas), this is going to have wide appeal to government bodies. I'm not sure how this will work out in China or India where climate change concerns don't seem to be driving government policy, but it may well catch on in Western countries. The Amish have solved the personal transportation problem in rural areas, and perhaps how to handle family farming as well if this concept extends to private ownership of farm equipment.

chutcher and begreen61 like this.
  2. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

The Elites are doing this to you ,,Love your signiture ,,Time to fight back ,, :fuckoff:

g

xeodguy and chutcher like this.
  3. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

xeodguy and begreen61 like this.
  4. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

xeodguy and chutcher like this.