1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

UK Bravo-1 Passaround

Manganr Mar 12, 2008

1. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Ray,

We have people order the Leather with the knife when we make a run.

It is a $20.00 retail upcharge but it has to be when we make a run.

If You order one off a dealer shelf You have to purchase one separately.

I do agree that the Leather sheath is much better suited for civilian use.

Mike

2. mmmm.....nice leather Mike....beautiful set up. Gonna have to get me a leftie one.

3. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

/calling Reid aka Sharpshooter! :help:

4. Mr Yarrow

Mr Yarrow I am whats I am

Well, tis a great knife for cutting stuff indeed :D

TOok it along with me this weekend just gone and the General used it as his carry knife for the weekend...well until the screw fell out of the belt loop bit so he couldnt carry it anymore :(

General opinion is its a great knife, good ergos, handles well and cuts like a demon. Its a bit thick for slicing stuff, but then its not really meant as a gen purp camp knife so thats understandable.

Ill let the General pass comment in the near future as he used it more than I did.

Want to say a quick thanks to Mike for creating this gem, Ray for whinging...sorry...organising this and to Beelzebub himself for sending us his knife :devilarmed:

Rgds

5. RoyalM

RoyalM Commando Devil Super Moderator Brigade Member

I know the sheath topic has been chewed over a few times but what about a cordura sheath similar to the Spec Ops ones?

Was thinking when I carried blades on my kit, especially my vest the kydex was always a bit of a pain in the arse. Always uncomfortable and anything that bounced off it made a nice rapping sound which was just not suitable for close up recces. I had a few sheaths made from webbing straps borrowed from big pallets and such. The sheaths took our kit repairer minutes to make as all he did was fold the webbing strap back on itself and stitched up the sides. Added a bit of elastic bungee at the top and hey presto a field sheath. Was a lot more comfortable and I could adapt it as much as I wanted to fit my kit. I'll post a pic tonight of the one I have left.

6. The General

The General The Devil's General Brigade Member

Will post more of a review when I get the time, however, loved the knife, hated the sheath.

As Si said, the thing fell to bits and dumped the knife. Sure if it had been my knife and sheath, I would have prolly been keeping an eye on how well the screws were retaining the knife. However... not good.

Give me leather any day of the week.

The Bravo though? Hell, I really want one now.

7. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

Good stuff General. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the Hammerin.

Did you get any Bravo-1 action shots?:manganr:

8. The General

No action shots... the sheath fell to bits before I got a chance to get some action shots in there.:ssad:

There was so much going on that once the knife was relegated to the pack... well things happened.:onoesdevil:

Not to worry though, things are planned for this knife and a review with action shots will be forthcoming. The Kydex sheath will not be a part of the review, though a leather one may well be...:semper:

9. Manganr

So where is this currently at bitches?
    I see few reviews and opinions?:cool_notcool:

Let me know or Langston will kick yo ass!:popcorn:

10. The General

Waiting on a leather sheath. Calm thee down.:gotroasted:

11. Manganr

Hello General Sir,

Where the fuck is Rons Bravo-1:tubtar:

We want to see the knife in its new leather pants!

DEVILS DEMAND PICTARS!:manganr:

Mr.LaBella likes this.
  12. Jorge Banner

Jorge Banner Down For Life

That's very nice. I don't know why it is that we don't see more complex sheaths like that. I like them a lot but they are the minority.

13. Mike Stewart

The New Stainless Bravo-1s will be out in a couple of weeks.

I Assume that we need to get one over to you guys for a little comparison to the Original A-2 version.

Mike

14. RoyalM

RoyalM Commando Devil Super Moderator Brigade Member

I see you mentioned a new Bravo-1 being sent to the UK. I was just wandering if it would be best to combine that and the Bravo-2 into a double passaround?

Then the knives could be tested side by side and maybe a little saved on postage to?

15. Mr.LaBella

We like to live dangerously... on the edge :manganr:

16. Mike Stewart

You are not going to get any B-2s from me until after the first of the year.

The SS B-1 will be ready now and we need to send one out before they are all gone-- like the B-2s.

Ron will be getting Three SS B-1s.

One for the UK Passaround - One for a U.S. Passaround and One for the Himself.

The B-2 will have to be next time I run them.

I also think it would be better to compare the B-1 SS with an A-2 B-1 - Not a B-2.

I don't know if we will ever make the B-2 in SS.

Mike

17. Manganr

Send it over Mike!
    I'll take care of it.

The General will not be included in this B-1 passaround until he has returned the last one he borrowed:bwah:

Mr.LaBella likes this.
  18. Manganr

BUMP!

Looking forward to the SS B-1 Mike.

Looking forward to seeing Rons B-1 again Wayne:thefinger:

19. Mr.LaBella

Amen!:shockedevil:

20. Soup_Monger

Soup_Monger Should be a custom title here

Did the Bravo-1 make it back to the USA?