1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

UK Bravo-1 Passaround

Manganr Mar 12, 2008

1. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Any of Our Dealers can get You one.

The run about 50 bucks.

Mike

2. Mr Yarrow

Mr Yarrow I am whats I am

Hi RM,

So, how goes it with the Bravo?

PM me when you are ready to send it on and Ill send my address details iver to you.

I need to get it by the 21st so it can go to the mighty Jacks Hammerin over the bank holiday weekend :manganr:

Rgds

3. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Yes! Get MY knife to Jack Jacks or whoevers. And make sure that they know, the power

of The Mighty JD :cliff:

4. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

.........and let them know that the mighty Langston302 say it's okay to use it well.
    Let them also know that if they stick their names on the list here on JD in this very thread they too can have their own 'private playtime' with it should they be deemed worthy.

:manganr:

5. Mr.LaBella

Amen brother Ray :signhere:

6. Mr Yarrow

I tried already :ssad: but the advantage of takign it to Jacks is so loads of people can see and have a play, plus Wayne gets to sharpen it for us :signhere:

Will PM you my address details now RM.

Rgds

7. Mr.LaBella

Where are all of the reports of testing on MY knife? And Wayne...Wayne sharpen one of my knives!?!??!

:jdspam:

8. RoyalM

RoyalM Commando Devil Super Moderator Brigade Member

4 out of 5 for the Bravo-1

Posted the Bravo this morning, time for someone else to test her out.

Overall thoughts on the blade and sheath:

Blade had a good convex edge so no re-profiling need, steel was a good quality and handled all reasonable tasks I attempted. Handle was a nice fit for my hand but was a bit small when using gloves. Also while I liked the look of the handle the grip wasn't quite grippy enough for me, when I tried some tests with a wet hand I had real concerns about slippage. Could be addressed either by lanyard use or if I was to buy one I would either get grippier slabs or cut checks into them.

Sheath while being useful was a bit troubling as the opening was wearing into the handle material at the bottom front. Either a new sheath needed or a bit of sanding to sort the opening out.

In conclusion out of myself and 2 other guys I showed the Bravo to all three of us would buy one. Was a good knife with plenty of knife for your money and looks a good all rounder for the field or tactical use. If I get round to buying one i'll be going for some sort of checked handle slab and will need to put a swedge on the top 1.5 inch of the blade. Just for looks and added penetration ability.

9. Mr Yarrow

Hes not that bad...who am I kidding, hes bloody good at it :D

Cardboard and flitz are the tools of his trade...plus beer of course ;)

Rgds

10. The General

The General The Devil's General Brigade Member

Beer being an essential friction reducer!:cheesydevil:

I will be aiming to carry this fellow all weekend, give it a try out and do a small review for the best damn knife forum...:jdspam:

So if someone can take some action pics...:madaddy:

11. Mr Yarrow

I did wonder if you were going to take me up on this offer as you never replied...good thing it arrived today then isnt it :RXX:

Very well wrapped, thanks RM.

Right, first impressions;

The Kydex is buggering up the front of the scales and wearing them down.
    The scales arent perfectly fitted on one side at the front.

Thats the minorly bad stuff, now the good bits;

Its a great shape to the eye
    Its incedibly light, so I assume Mike has done a fair bit of cut outs in the tang
    Balance is really nice in the hand
    It has the all important thumb ramp...a feature I love to see in knives :madaddy:
    Convex grind was up to the usual high Barkie standard
    Blade was nice and sharp, hair shaver already

Im looking forward to having a play with this knife over the coming weekend.

Rgds

12. Mr.LaBella

Kick Ass Yarrow, and Wayne spread the word ( wear your JD Hoodie Sweatshirt )

13. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

You chaps have a good time and if anyone gets hurt.........#1 we assume no liability implied or otherwise and #2 we need pics !:madaddy:

14. The General

The General The Devil's General Brigade Member

Baseball cap my friend... baseball cap... just like at the UK knives show...:devilarmed:

Wore my JD cap to work the other day and I had three guys say that cap was bad ass! I pointed them here for how to get one.

15. Manganr

It's Unanimous! The Kydex sucks like a ho on a lottery winner!:manganr:
    Maybe something that should be addressed Mike?:signhere:

Thanks for your input Si. Please feel free to treat the knife with the utmost brutality. If anyone would like to hang onto it for further testingand if you know them then that's fine. If you trust 'em then that's good enough for me.

Please take lots of pics and let us have a full report here on JD of the Hammerin and maybe a few pics of the Bravo-1!:bwah:

Cheers

Ray

16. Mike Stewart

In case You didn't know it--Mike hates Kydex sheaths.

That is what they wanted so we made them.

Mine rides in leather.

[​IMG]

The Marines really don't care about the sheath scuffing the handle slabs.

They wanted maximum retention.

Reid designed the Kydex with them and they exchanged a number of prototypes until the sheath was what they wanted.

I hate it and I designed the leather Sheath.

I'm sure I can arrange for one to be sent over if you want to try it.

Just let me know where to send it.

Mike

17. Mr Yarrow

Hi Mike,

Sorry fpr sounding like a whiney bitch after the point had previously been made about the kydex, but I wanted to offer an honest opinion so hope thats the way its seen :)

That leather kit looks really cool, a great way to carry and piggyback a smaller skinner/utility piece :ssmile:

In regards to the leather, for me I cant see much point as this PA is nearly over, but Im not sure what plans Ron has for his knife afterwards?

Rgds

18. Mike Stewart

You were not being a Whiny Bitch.

I actually do hate Kydex and almost refuse to have anything to do with it.

I am convinced that the stuff is here because somebody said it is "Tacticool" and now everyone wants it.

Forgive me -- I'm an old Guy and try not to fix things that ain't broken.

That Picture is not actually my sheath.

I'll post a picture of mine Tomorrow.

It is leather but you can't get a single Drop of water to even sit on it.

It cannot grow mildew or mold and it's Quiet and does not scratch my blade.

It does not clink against other gear and is soft if I fall on it.

I can wash it in water without the water even sticking to it.

There is only one problem with it.

It does not look "Tacticool".

Mike

19. Mr.LaBella

Uhm- Ron fucking hates kydex as well. We can send him the leather Bravo-1 sheath...in black? Maybe!

:semper:

20. Manganr

Stop fucking with my passaround thread Ron or I will have to issue you with an infraction notice.:greydevil:

Ray doesn't like kydex on anythin except for small neckers and the like.
    I too will get myself a leather one for my Bravo-1 and discard the shitty kydex.

The kydex may well suit the Recon Marine Mike but I don't think its really suitable for the general public who pay and care for their knives.
    Maybe there should be a public alternative kydex:manganr: