1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

UFC 196: DMX Gonna Give it to ya

Towelie Mar 4, 2016

1. mag1

mag1 No More Mr. Nice Guy Brigade Member

thanks guys.

And I do not think Rousy should have a rematch..

2. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

3. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

One mill plus 50k for fight of the night plus 6-8 million on PPV %.
    Diaz got 1/2 mill 100k bonus for the win plus 100k for fight of the night and performance and about 1mill in PPV %.
    Connnor did make him in a millionear.

4. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Ronda is going to fuck Tate up and win that belt back, them she can go back and beat Holm, not easy but Tate just showed her how is done.

5. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

I don't think this info from Sportrealtek or whatever is accurate as it conflicts with what was reported to the NSAC for the fight purses. Diaz was not getting a win bonus, just guaranteed $500K for his purse. I don't know where they got the PPV percentages as these are never disclosed I thought.

:link:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2016
  6. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

Fun fights last night. I'm glad Diaz humbled McGregor a bit. Maybe he'll shut up about being the greatest ever after such a sloppy takedown, getting reversed, and choked out. While I like his "anytime, anywhere, any weight" attitude, calling RDA a "pussy" for not fighting with a fucking broken foot is bullshit. The UFC sent RDA to a doctor to check his injured foot, which turned out to be broken. The UFC isn't going to let, never mind force him to fight with a broken foot, nor would the athletic commission allow it. Besides, beating an injured man(and a broken foot is more than a slight disadvantage) would be nothing to be proud of, so I don't get why McGregor would even want that fight to happen.

As for the Tate/Holm fight, that shit was great. I've nothing against Holm, but it certainly shows that she's still mostly a striker, and not yet well-rounded. It leaves the division in a weird situation, as I see it. Tate beat Holm who beat Rousey who beat Tate twice. So who's really the best? What I think the UFC should do is have Tate fight Amanda Nunes for the title. She's ranked #4, and the only fighter ranked above her is Cat Zingano, who's most recent fight is a loss to Rousey, and thus isn't due for another shot. In the meantime, have Rousey and Holm have their rematch, both as having lost the title, and the winner gets the shot against the winner of Tate/Nunes. Giving Ronda a title rematch against Holm made sense, but that didn't happen. Giving here a title shot against Tate makes no since because she already beat her twice. Tate/Nunes and Holm/Rousey makes sense, with the winners fighting for the title. Unless Cyborg comes down in weight...

7. Towelie

I think Conor was just talking crap about RDA for the fun of it. He knows it was a legitimate broken foot. He was just doing what he does best. This shit annoys me too with the training injuries. They happen way to often in this sport.

8. *THE PUNISHER*

*THE PUNISHER* ridge runner

2 of the best fights and biggest upsets -- holm and diaz - Diaz you can not keep him down - you can beat his face and he comes back - and Holly good fighter i saw several chances for her to take tate out and did not - still i tip my hat to her.

9. Donnie B.

Donnie B. JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The thing with Diaz is his face is covered in lots of scar tissue so it's easy to make him bleed and look like he's totally busted up. I think this works to his favor. His opponents think they're killing him yet he's still got all of his wits. Connor starting getting cocky and dropping his hands in the 2nd and eventually got rocked with that straight left. Him trying to buy time with a takedown against Diaz was just plain stupidity. As soon as he tried that shoot the fight was over.

10. Towelie

I see no need for part two here. 10 days notice and now Diaz gets a full camp. I don't expect a different outcome here.

11. Towelie

Now Jon Jones vs OSP sounds good.

12. Planterz

Yeah, I honestly don't get the point in the rematch. I'll still watch it of course. But there's better match-ups they could've chosen. Like an actual defense of Conor's title.

OVP is a beast. I've been paying attention to him for a long while. I'da rather seen Rumble fight Bones, but I guess Anthony had some mouth surgery lately. Eventually, Bones vs Jones needs to happen. OVP vs Bones is gonna be good.

13. Towelie

Yeah, I just read about Rumble's dental procedure prohibiting him from fighting. Rumble is a beast, and exciting to watch.

I'm still gonna watch 200, but I agree. Conor should have moved back down and defended against Frankie.

Aldo needs to quit crying for believing his own UFC hype. Rogan was right, I think he should fight Cub Swanson for a rematch when he brutally double knee KO'd him in WEC. You can't get KO'd in 13 seconds and keep talking smack like you are owed anything. Maybe if you made it to the first fight instead of pulling out you might have more negotiating power.

14. Towelie

I don't get the need for an interim, and at second thought I would have preferred Jones tryout HW for a minute.

15. Planterz

Yeah, I think the "interim" thing is kinda a consolation prize sorta thing for Jones (assuming he wins), since he's really still the champ, having not been actually beaten, but rather stripped of the belt because of circumstances (of his own doing, of course).

As for going to HW, I think it'll happen some day. He was open to the idea, but they gave him another fight at LHW. He's still pretty young, and still making LHW without problem or fatigue. In a few years, that might not be so easy, and he could certainly bulk up them chicken legs. It's hard to believe that he's the smallest of the three brothers.

16. Planterz

WSOF announced that Jon Fitch will be fighting Jake Shields. In other words, if you watch WSOF, you can take a half hour nap and not miss a fucking thing.

17. Towelie

I only say this because he called out Cain in the past. If the real belt is not on the line, maybe he should have tried out HW with a non top 5 opponent. I forgot this was Jones we are talking about though and he is not keen on changing oppponents last minute already, so that would be a "hell no" to stepping up to HW.

I read this recently as well, and totally agree. If I had to pick though, I would take Shieldzzz.