1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Two Escobars Documentary

RNST Oct 10, 2010

1. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

I went to this film yesterday at the Vancouver International Film Festival.

It has already shown at a lot of the well known festivals world wide. Quite an interesting story which paralleled the drug king pin Pablo Escobar and the captain of the Columbian National Soccer team Andreas Escobar (no relation) in the 1990's. It discussed the rise of the Columbian team which had been one of the lower rated teams in South America to making it into the World Cup of Soccer in 1990 and 1994. One of the reasons it became a top team was from additional funding from the drug cartels who were huge soccer fans. Sadly Andreas Escobar was assassinated after he put a goal in his own net in the USA game in the 1994 World Cup game.

I really enjoyed the film from a historic perspective along with the sports theme throughout the documentary.

If you get a chance to see it in your city I recommend it. Or wait for it to come out on DVD etc.

[YOUTUBE]KNPoRsu8eDs[/YOUTUBE]

:ross:

2. jujigatame

jujigatame Slanted & Enchanted

This aired on ESPN a few months ago as part of the 30 for 30 film series too. It was really good and a very compelling story. I didn't know too much about the "narco-soccer" deal at the club level in Colombia and that was interesting.

3. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

i've been meaning to catch this if it's still on TV. thanks for the reminder. sounds good.

4. Nmam

Nmam Average member

Seems like it would be interesting to view. Thanks for the suggestion.