1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to choose a D/A side opener

rye_a Jul 27, 2017

1. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

When you receive it, please share your opinion of it.

When I played around with some at Blade, I found the DA action somewhat awkward.
    Especially for a EDC User...
    No such stinkin' rules here. Post the LINK...

rye_a likes this.
  2. rye_a

rye_a Little member

They Have them at PVK.vegas HERE.

3. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

With 15 In Stock. Josh likes to stock up...

rye_a likes this.
  4. rye_a

rye_a Little member

Yeah, they had 4 in stock for $380 when I started looking about a week ago. Apparently the Vallotton shop is still turning these out.

5. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Geez, josh and PVK what a history.

Yeah the subhilt isn't the easiest to deploy but I have had knife guys not be able to figure out it's a d/a
    Definitely covert.

rye_a likes this.
  6. rye_a

rye_a Little member

I placed my order for my Spyderco/Vallotton on Wednesday afternoon and received it yesterday morning. I have to say that I love this knife. The fit and finish is perfect, the blade fires with authority, and I don't find the scale release to be awkward in the slightest. I will say that at about seven ounces this thing is a beast, but I expected that.

IMG_4184.JPG IMG_4183.JPG

7. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Looks good! Congratulations!

rye_a likes this.
  8. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Never a fan of Spyderco ,,,,,,,till now sweet D/A

rye_a likes this.
  9. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Does it have a "V" engraved on the blade and/or a number?

10. rye_a

rye_a Little member

It has both on the pile side of the knife. I got #605.

BennytheBlade likes this.
  11. BennytheBlade

cool. they must still be churning the out then.

12. damascus9

damascus9 Average member

rye_a likes this.
  13. rye_a

rye_a Little member

I managed to pick up a user Diskin Fire on the secondary market, and it should arrive tomorrow. It looks a little beat up, but I'm hoping I can buff some of the scratches and the stain out of the mirror finished portion of the blade with Flitz and a buffing wheel on my Dremel. At least I won't be afraid to carry and use it...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  14. rye_a

rye_a Little member

On another note, anyone know how to reach Matt Diskin so I can send the Fire back for a bit of a spa treatment?

15. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Yeah, if you're gonna have an automatic knife sub collection, you gotta have a few D/As
    Can't go wrong with an older MT SOCOM D/A. Get it second hand and Tony doesn't get any money. :jdwink2:
    I have a Vallotton converted Emerson CQC, sterile. For that tactical/ninja flair.
    I noticed the link to the converted Case Copperlock. I have a converted D/A Case Cheetah with filework.
    Don't know who did it but it's old school awesome!

As mentioned before, be careful getting a Buck. If you want a D/A make sure it has a full cutout and not just a whole in the tang.
    I have an auto only 560, the old titanium handled buck 110s.
    It would be SOOO much more awesome as a D/A.
    I may eventually just get a smaller 112 in D/A though. That would be enough for me in size.
    Oh, and a Terzuola/MT D/A is also "needed" in my lacking collection.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    BennytheBlade and rye_a like this.
  16. rye_a

rye_a Little member

I tracked down a lnib MT LCC in the blackout version (black bolster and dlc blade). I'm a little tempted, but that seems like a lot of money for a production knife. Any thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    stdlrf11 likes this.
  17. BennytheBlade

LCC that is a worth it imo,

Clydetz, stdlrf11 and crogers like this.
  18. rye_a

rye_a Little member

Well, I bought it. You guys are bad influences in the best way possible.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    crogers, nostimos, stdlrf11 and 2 others like this.
  19. BennytheBlade

Its only going to get more valuable as long as you dont cut down trees w/ it.

rye_a, crogers and nostimos like this.
  20. BennytheBlade