1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to choose a D/A side opener

rye_a Jul 27, 2017

1. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

2. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

A 112 would be be even lower yet; too bad no D/As that I'm aware of in those.
    As an aside I may have figured out both which hoops and how to jump through them in order to post a photo from the gallery (earlier post of mine).

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    crogers and BennytheBlade like this.
  3. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

You going to charge people to teach them this magic?

stdlrf11 likes this.
  4. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Nah, he'll just call them stupid cat fuckers until they figure it out.

KaOsBlAkBlAdE likes this.
  5. ratstuph

stdlrf11 likes this.
  6. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Somebody get that cat a sammich.

7. Guillermo

Guillermo 7th Man of the 7th son Super Moderator

I remember getting some for about $375 new and want to cry. I had three and just knew there would be tons more. I was drinking heavily in those days so that's as good as any excuse for being a coal bucket.

desmodus likes this.
  8. jskfla

jskfla Average member

I have one of Buck's factory 110 autos. It's single action only using a coil spring.

9. rye_a

rye_a Little member

I'm hoping that we'll see more options for quality autos and D/A knives now that Colorado, Michigan, and others have made them legal.

10. BennytheBlade

Yeah, d/a autos and just plain old trick autos have always been "cool" to me and some designs are practical for edc. Wish there were more production options available. Favorite I own is prolly an mtx2 for production. Custom would be a tough call.

11. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

I agree B. Kinda wish I'd held on to one of the MTX2's I had. Burly bastards...

All CF version:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

begreen61 and ratstuph like this.
  12. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Hell, and while we're here, another regret.
    A very rare Triple Black (Blade/Clip/Hardware) Tactical LCC/DA:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Both knives were smooth as silk in both Manual and Auto...

13. rye_a

rye_a Little member

I know some here don't love Microtech (cough...Benny...cough), but I did trade emails with them a couple days ago and told them that it'd be great if they offered new runs of some of their D/A models.

14. BennytheBlade

How come Marphony doesn't make more mtx2? Seems like there is a "new" ultra tech and Halo every week but nothing like these.

15. ratstuph

I'm guessing the need to adjust their action is part of the equation accounting for the dearth of MT D/As.
    What about one of these:
    [​IMG]

begreen61 likes this.
  16. BennytheBlade

Is that the trick pen blade one?

I hate tony, he makes great knives but he is a douchebag.
    And I can hold a grudge like a fat girl holds onto a doughnut

begreen61 likes this.
  17. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Dalton Jackal is a good one there is one for sale at Arizona knife,,,The Microtech LCC is a awesome DA too ,too bad Desmomus sold hers during the Blade show for pennies I swear .

desmodus likes this.
  18. rye_a

rye_a Little member

I wound up buying one of the Spyderco Vallotton conversions, but I foresee a D/A collection in my future...

stdlrf11 likes this.
  19. BennytheBlade

I would have suggested that but I didn't think they were still available.... was it new or off the secondary market? Either way it is a great choice.

20. rye_a

rye_a Little member

They are still available brand new for $350, I'll list the retailer if that isn't against forum rules...