1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Traveller's Gear 8^)

Traveller Aug 30, 2010

1. Traveller

Traveller Little member

Welcome to Traveller's Gear :)

Click on any image for the "big picture". No worries, all images are max 1280x963 and

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    cornnutt likes this.
  2. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

It's a good 1st post, but you should post an intro in the appropriate section just to be sure.

obi

3. sbl212

sbl212 The Cool Kid

nice pics!

I really like that SAK might have to find one for myself..

4. knifenut48

knifenut48 Huge member

Wow

You are very handy with the photo making thing. Hope you enjoy yourself here:devilzeek

5. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Traveler, nice photos. Good looks on some of those, I particularly liked the shot of the auto firing button. As a non-auto guy, it had a nice abstract quality about it.

I'd like to see photos of the Berger knives from the lock-side perspective as the lock is what keeps em open :devil1:

I would strongly request that you re-post your reviews here. While the Mighty JD is friendly with KFC, we prefer to read our reviews here instead of someone else's living room, particularly one which requires a log-in to merely view. That, and no other forum is as high up the food chain as the Mighty JD, regardless of what they say inside their walls.

And as noted, please do post an intro about yourself in the "Testing The Waters" section if you've not done so. It's the house rule and Ron always buys the first round.

But these are some great posts and the pics of the Bokers are highly appreciated. I never really see much of their knives and it's a refreshing look at what they have to offer outside of the Magnum line.

6. Traveller

Traveller Little member

Hi,

sorry for the delayed reply - I just got a Samsung i9000 Galaxy S cellphone and it has been eating up all my free time :devil1: This puppy has everything you could imagine in a cellphone except for maybe the kitchen sink. and a sharp edge... :madaddy:

But back on topic... Thx for the compliments! I did post over @intro, so that's covered ;) Being relatively new to the [online] knife world, I chose a base from which to start my activities and KFC was it.

Of course, I had no idea that one needs to log in to read threads... very odd. Particularly since all of my images are stored elsewhere (on Flickr, to be precise). But seeing as that is the case, I will be glad to copy the reviews over; plz give me some time though as it's Sep. 6th and all hell is about to break loose at the office... :ssad:

p.s. I'm assuming that with "Berger" you meant "Böker", right? Are you asking for shots from the Liner-lock side or were you referring to the D/As' leaf-spring "locks" (which, btw, are unfortunately not visible.) As for the lock-liners, they are standard fare and I must have depicted them in my reviews... :-/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
  7. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hey, Traveler, welcome back

I should have spelled "Berger" to read Burger. His knives intrigue me. Clean and simple lines.

But yes, as they are both Boker, good call.

I don't consider any liner-lock as standard fare, I generally have a strong dislike for locking liners when the entire scale can become a lock instead.

This comes from having one of the early Tak Futura benchmade (Not to be confused with Benchmade) liner lock knives which folded up easily, and also how easily I've found a lot of factory-made liner lock knives to disengage while I'm using them.

These look like they've been well-executed, and the Berger/ Skellern Boker looks like a very nice pocket carry indeed. It could be just me, but I'm sorta tired of every clip-carry knife having some sort of tacti-kewl gingerbread on it and I like the blend of traditional lines and modern convenience on these.

Thanks again for sharing these and we all have lives outside of the net, hopefully, so no worries on a timetable.

8. Sakepro

Sakepro Little member

Your Boker pics look better than the offical Boker page, good job:devil1:

Nice collection:thumbsup::devilzeek:bwah:

9. Traveller

Traveller Little member

Thanks! If it's any consolation, their printed catalog looks a lot better. Go figure... :idunno:

Btw, I'm guessing your avatar (@time of writing...) is from Hero... I love that film!!! :phatyo:

10. Traveller

Traveller Little member

Re: Added SAK Militaria 2010.

11. craythegray

craythegray Better than gold or platinum

W o w !

12. devilblade

devilblade Little member

wow guys cool knifes u got some real collectibles there make sure to hold on to em:semper::semper::semper:

13. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Nice collection to be sure.

14. Traveller

Traveller Little member

Re: Added Rift 950BK-1001.

@All: thx / glad you're enjoying 'em :devil1:

15. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

Great pictures. Nice collection[​IMG]

16. Traveller

Traveller Little member

Re: Added Military.

17. Traveller

Traveller Little member

Re: added +B First Mate & SAK compilation.

18. Traveller

Traveller Little member

Re: added more +B First Mate photos.

19. captainblowhole

captainblowhole Captain Coconut

AMAZING photography! Holy shit batman!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
  20. Traveller

Traveller Little member

re: Added a few more SAKs (: