1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Transfusion picture thread (merged)

vjb.knife Feb 24, 2011

1. vjb.knife

vjb.knife Investigador Subaquatico

I just received my Transfusion and it is pretty impressive. Here are a couple of quick pictures. It is incredibly fast, solid and smooth and the attention to detail is fantastic. Thanks to R.J. and Les for putting this one together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr.LaBella likes this.
  2. SoCal Randy

SoCal Randy Champagne tastes, lemonade pockets

Nice! How did you get one already!?

3. vjb.knife

Transfusion

I guess I was on the list early and I paid for overnight shipping.

4. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Got my # 8 today too!

It's really a great knife. Thick Ti frame, LSCF and RJ's signature scary sharp blade. Detent is tuned just right so this knife fires like a rocket!

:thumbsup:

5. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

Stupendous!!!!!

sickboy

6. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Serendipitous! :madaddy: (tomorrow my precious)

7. seven1niner

seven1niner Level: True Devil

She's a fatty. Congratulations!

...more pictures please

8. MAKO1

MAKO1 Huge member

Congrats, Lookin good :madaddy:

9. erno0066

erno0066 Average member

My congratulations!

But what new in this model?
    Looks as DRT only inlay another.

10. WJBennett

WJBennett Huge member

Awesome!!!

11. ParkinNJ

ParkinNJ Little member

Congrats on a great pick-up! Here's hoping I also made the list ... :devil1:

12. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

Wowwy wow wow! It looks fantastic. I would love to see some up close pics of that LS Carbon Fiber inlay. What a piece of beauty.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011
  13. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

Dham you guys

i'm at the end off the line

defenaly going to go for the speed delivery option when my number comes up

looks very good

:devil1:

14. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

You are correct, Sir.:madaddy:

15. MiG Angel

MiG Angel vodka + insane

[​IMG]

16. Z'ha'dum

Z'ha'dum Shadow

Holy shit I think I just got a little chubbed up

MiG Angel likes this.
  17. vjb.knife

Transfusion / DRT difference

I think the blade steel is different, isn't it? The DRT was S30V and this is S35V, if I am not mistaken. I could be wrong on that, but I think this is what I have read.

18. dax0007

dax0007 Level: True Devil

WOW!!!..:helix:

19. vjb.knife

Some more pictures and a question ........

I took some more pictures. I have been studying this knife closely today and it is extremely well made. I am an Engineer and have worked in a large machine shop and I am very impressed with R.J.'s work on this knife. I am a fan of his work and currently own a Q36, a Havoc, a Trooper and now this Transfusion and I would really like to get a Devastator someday.

I read about this knife as it was being developed and even though I knew little about it I jumped on the announcement and put in a request for one through Les Robertson.

This is not a big issue for me because the knife is so impressive, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway, mostly because I am kind of curious why so many of you guys requested the handle inlay material that is in this knife. I saw in the thread on this knife that the handle inlay material of the 'lightning strike carbon fiber' received a lot of support from forum members. I had no idea what this stuff was at that time and I really had little preference on the inlay material. While it is good to know now that the handle will be protected from EMF attack, I am not that big a fan of this stuff. If you don't know what 'lightning strike carbon fiber' is, here is the basic idea, it is carbon fiber sheeting with a brass screen layered into it. Now, since the screen layer is not perfectly uniform in it's position in the layering process, when the sheet is precision machined to make it the proper thickness for the inlay, the brass wires of the screen get cut in various places and you can feel them on the surface of the handle inlay. Although this is not a big detraction to the knife for me, I am still curious as to why it was so requested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LorenzoL likes this.
  20. RJ Martin

RJ Martin Tactical Knife Maker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hi vbj.knife: The occasional wire may pop up, but not for long. Easily removed with a new Utility knife blade. The only (minor) downside to this beautiful material!

RJ