1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Trailing Point Hunter

J. Neilson May 21, 2006

1. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

Here's another hunter showing my increasing love for the "clay quenched" blade. This is a straight worker, no frills just nice and clean. I hope you like it.
    J.

This 12" long trailing point knife has a blade of clay-quenched 1095 high carbon steel with a 5 3/4" cutting edge, a hand-rubbed finish and distinctive hamon line. The guard is nickle-silver. The handle itself is Bacote wood with a stainless steel pin. The knife comes with a border tooled leather blade sheath, by Tess.
    Price, with leather sheath: $275.00, plus shipping.

Visa, MasterCard & Paypal are all fine and your satisfaction is always guaranteed.

2. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

J,

That is one Beautiful Knife.

I have no idea how you can make that at that price.

My Semi-Production knives are in the Same Price Range.

That is a True Bargin.

The lines are elegant and you can tell --just by looking at it--it will be an awesome performer.

Great Work.

Mike....................................... :devilzeek

3. Matches

Matches Airport Bum Brigade Member

I agree with Mike...TOO nice for that price! I'd never be able to use it for fear of making a mess of it:spin:

4. Mike Stewart

Matches,

I would use the heck out of it if I owned it.

That knife screams out to be used on a Hunting Trip.

I love the Sleek Lines of it.

Mike.........................:spin:

5. Matches

Matches Airport Bum Brigade Member

Yeah, I know...I'm just one of those odd balls that enjoys "that new knife look." I have enough other knives I can beat on:jdevil:

6. Mike Stewart

Did I mention that I use a LOT of Bocote ?

I like it's subtle Contrasts.

Looks Outdoorsy without being too flashy.

I'm also a Very Big Fan of Good Size Choils.

Mike..............................:coolkid:

7. Kalooch135

Kalooch135 Fireman Ken

Damn....that is a sweet looking knife. And of course the sheath just kicks ass (I'm biased towards excellent sheathmakers. :jdwink: )

8. J. Neilson

Thanks Guys. I love these clay-quenched 10XX blades. I'm making one for myself now, pretty much the same a above but, with a stubby clip-point blade. I usually carry my knife in my back pocket (never been a belt wearing kinda guy) so the trailing point would be a tad too long for that.

Though this is a simple piece, it's a beauty. This was one of my warm up knives previous to starting my Journeyman Smith test knives. She's about as clean a work as I can do.

As to the price...you can only make so many $1000.00 knives and hope to make a living. Plus, I like diversity. Ya gotta make knives for every price range and most folks will use something like this one as opposed to just displaying it, not that there's anything wrong with that if it's your thing.
    :jdwink2:

Thanks again,
    J.

9. Iceman

Iceman GI-NORMOUS member

to me, that's what makes it so beautiful. No-nonsense, hard working. :jdsmokin:

10. J. Neilson

Looks like we've got a home for this one. Thanks again.
    J.

11. Drivetech

Drivetech Evil Spock

Wish it could have been my home, real beauty of a knife!

12. cutty

cutty Expiry

I went to his site and looked , you all should too.

A lot of very nice knives at really good prices.

I like the toast cutter---very cool and funny.

The sheaths are "unbeleavible?" Very nice work. Colors--layers--workmanship.

Very nice all. 2 Devils up:ernie:

13. leanne

leanne collects metal Lady Devil

that is a beautiful knife!!!