1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Traditional Meets Custom "Unlikely Odd Couple"

TinyDog Jun 30, 2016

1. TinyDog

TinyDog Little member

Hello All,

Picked up this sweet over the top Art Washburn Large Sabertooth last week from a fine BF Member.

I have paired it with a Traditional with custom scales.

Interesting story is that both my seller of the custom, and myself both hand picked out own scales.

My new Odd Couple:devilwag:
    View attachment 136584 View attachment 136583

2. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Weathered elk or mammoth ivory...?

3. TinyDog

TinyDog Little member

Both Mammoth Ivory. The custom has more darker tones, the Traditional more red or mixed tones. But both, in the same flavor... Bark with beautiful fractures over time. Interesting enough, if one was to hold either of these knives in hand, do not expect a light knife. Mammoth Ivory is very dense and has significant weight per volume. The Custom is a reasonable size knife. But when held one would say Wow, why so heavy. The same for the big boy here, A Jumbo Swell center is not a light knife to begin with. Here are the weights of each:

Custom: 6 1/8 oz,
    Traditional: 7 1/8 oz.