1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Toughbook Upgrade Help

McGyver Apr 19, 2011

1. McGyver

McGyver Persistent Bastard

So I rescued a Panasonic CF-28 from the dumpster and I'm trying to get it operational again. Current HDD is a 20GB Fujitsu, but it's clicking like crazy and I can't get it to read at all. Swapped it out for a 4GB I had laying around and the computer itself seems to boot up just fine. Not sure what the processor size is just yet, but we'll see. Thinking of putting XP on there, but I also have Win2k and NT.

The big thing I need is the drivers for all the various parts and pieces. Panasonic no longer supports this model, and while they do have an FTP site, it's nearly 3 GB of drivers itself, and none of them are labeled or catagorized in a way that I can make sense of. Anyone know of a site that's like a 1 stop shop for divers?

Also, anyone have a spare 2.5" IDE HDD laying around, say in the 40+GB range, that they would be willing to part with?

Thanks in advance.

2. choombak

choombak Huge member

This post, and this site (download location) should help.

And you'll have to do all the reading. :ross: