1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Top 5 balisongs (in your opinion)

TheFriar Oct 5, 2015

1. HedaCoon

HedaCoon *is not a coon Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

Somebody is fancy ;) look at all those customs/midtechs. But no doubt, tachyon 2 is definitely up there giving modern balis run for the money, especially the tolerance

Mickeymouse, begreen61 and Ben. like this.
  2. JAKMAN32

JAKMAN32 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Not to mention the pliable cheese grade ti used for the handles... Haha

All in all could be worse and I love my tach 2's, just can't pass up an opportunity to poke fun.

HedaCoon, begreen61 and Ben. like this.
  3. Ben.

Ben. Not FBI JDBA Official Member

Haha, whens the last time you looked at your collection missy? ;)

Yea I love the first 3, Tachyon is on its way to me. The Tempest is speculation based on my experience with other Hom knives, hopefully i'll own one soon though.

4. Nomoremrknifeguy89

Nomoremrknifeguy89 Little Member

I love my b200 it's not my top or anything but I think it is the best starter period, I still flip it all the time and I won much better bali's now

begreen61 and Dustygmt like this.
  5. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

Did somebody just enter a B200 into the top 5? No, no, just no.....:facepalm:

docilefuct, begreen61 and stdlrf11 like this.
  6. Nomoremrknifeguy89

Nomoremrknifeguy89 Little Member

Naw I was just saying it's good somebody is giving it props, definitely wouldn't put in the top 5 but for people that can't afford the top 5 it's a good option

Dustygmt and begreen61 like this.
  7. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

Some Bali better than no Bali :yuna:

begreen61 likes this.
  8. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Why isnt Terry Guinn on the list of at least a few people?
    1 Guinn
    2 42
    3 Specter
    4 AA
    5 Rep
    My list is more edc focused of course.

begreen61 likes this.
  9. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

10. Mickeymouse

Mickeymouse Little Member

Bm43
    Arcangel
    Tempest
    Ex10
    Talisong

begreen61 likes this.
  11. ninjastar

ninjastar Little member JDBA Official Member

My top 5 at the moment (while the ex10 is at the farm). I miss my 43A

Attached Files:

12. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

1. BM51
    2. EDC BM51
    3. BM51 Flytanium
    4. BM51-121
    5. BM51-1101

***Honorable mention...BM42

spookyse7en, Overkill and begreen61 like this.
  13. tonyn1

tonyn1 Little Member

My top 5

1.Talisong fl
    2.Tempest
    3.Ti basilisk-r
    4.Cf basilisk-r
    5.Alpha beast 2.0

begreen61 likes this.
  14. docilefuct

docilefuct Little member

Arc Angel
    Fat Lady 3
    Ti Bask-R
    Talisong

desmodus likes this.
  15. SlickLikeAGato

SlickLikeAGato JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

1. 42 T-Latch
    2. CF Basilisk R
    3. 42 Spring Latch
    4. Alpha Beast
    5. TI Basilisk R

The 42 T-Latch is my favorite. The balance and weight is right on the dot for me.

16. knife dragon

knife dragon Huge member

1. BM 42 SPRING LATCH
    2. 29 WEE HAWK
    3. TERRY GUINN GARGOYLE # 026
    4. BALI BALLISTIC
    5. DOBRUSKI, BOWIE, GUN BLUED SS W/ DAMASCUS INSERTS

my fave is the 29 wee hawk as my top grail. it is like magic in my hand
    my Gargoyle get's honorable mention i own 1,2, & 3

17. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'm gonna have to ask for pics of the 29, Guinns, and Dobruski. I also have a 29 Weehawk that I love flipping.

18. benzen12

benzen12 Little Member

So my question within the question is where does one squire said knives. I haven't quick- searched everyone's favorite but for the most part they are not available. Now with my noob status comes my noob searching...I've been on bladeplay and blade hq and general searching. I'd love to get a kimura 2 or a flyfather, a brs replicant, a Benchmade 42...all out of stock. I've got s Benchmade mini morpho and a kimura 11 tanto. I'd like to make 5 to have a top 5. Help?!

19. gunlove

gunlove Average member

Update, it's been four years and there are now a ton of new nice Balis out there!

1. BM42, still my favorite. Simple, fast, forgiving, and awesome cling clang. The satin is probably the most durable Bali in existence.
    2. EX-10, It's a dream and lives up to the hype. Definitely needs the light spacers, I have the skeleton Ti with latch.
    3. Alt. Rep. You can't beat the value on this one! Still my #1 recommendation. I like everything about it better than the AB.
    4. Hom Basilisk, very similar to the EX-10 definitely needs some lighter spacers, hopefully I can pick up a set of a CF and it becomes more balanced. This would be much cooler if HOM offered skeleton Ti spacers like Dumas.
    5. Rosterfish Tanto, I don't know how to explain this one. It's just fun to flip and well balanced.
    6. OG Banchmade SS Bowie, very different feel fun to flip, the old thick Bowie makes it decently balanced.

Honorable Mention: PDW SPD Invictus Bali-Ti, it's a great mini with a solid EDC blade and normally I hate minis!
    Others Owned & Flipped: Flyti 63, Flyti 51, BM87, Flytanium Talisong, Alpha Beast, I had tons of latch stick on this one which was very uncool, lots of BM4x the 43 is the best balanced 42 is my fav., BM42-01 feels similar to the Flyti Z but too light in both the handles and blade, BM239, ArcAngle OG, BM OG Brass, these make the SS handle feel light, BSR standard Rep, balance is the same as the Alt I just like the alt profile better, BM42 springer, very different than the T-latch,
    IMG_2392 2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  20. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

Torn between to lovers.