1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Churchboy666

Churchboy666 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

How much does a tip rework devalue a knife? Specifically knives in the $350-450 MSRP and $450-600 secondary market range.

Also, while I'm primarily asking with balisongs in mind, I'm wondering about the price impacts on your more typical folders and fixed blades as well.

Thanks in advance :deadevil:

apdallaround likes this.
  2. Balibuyer

Balibuyer JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

We'll get @crogers or @BennytheBlade to bump this down a couple notches into the JDBA and maybe get you alittle more info

But I'd say depending on the situation of course, a "reprofile" could potentially add value in certain circumstances. Tip rework maybe no so mas lol.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    crogers and apdallaround like this.
  3. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Movin', movin', movin'... get them threads a-movin'... :bwah:

Balibuyer and apdallaround like this.
  4. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

tip rework = i dropped the knife and fucked the tip

just sayin

Balibuyer, crogers and Churchboy666 like this.
  5. Churchboy666

Ha yeah exactly, which is why I'm trying to do some math. I've heard some say that if the rework is perfect, value drop is little to none. But for a knife in that price range I have hard time believing that. Idk

6. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

whatever you decide be honest about it

honesty pays too

Churchboy666 likes this.
  7. Churchboy666

I appreciate the input

apdallaround likes this.
  8. Balibuyer

Or like a dumbass, and several beers in, you try to pry a center plug out of the floor with your mantra 1 and..... oh FUCK! DAMNIT WOMAN.... LOL

Churchboy666 and apdallaround like this.
  9. Balibuyer

That's why if we're talking a known bali like a Rep or 51 or something you get a badass modder to "reprofile" the blade into something sick and extremely pokey. Then, put it away with the others and go buy another knife. If we're talking a production folder or whatever, get it reworked, set it in your knife drawer next to the others and......GO BUY MORE KNIVES!!!!

Churchboy666 and apdallaround like this.