1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Time to get to work, JS Submission Knives

stephanfowler Nov 16, 2009

1. stephanfowler

stephanfowler knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

So, as you may well know (or not, I mean, seriously)

I will be testing for my Journeyman Smith ranking at the next Blade show here in Atl.

I try to be the type to plan ahead with plenty of time to deal with mishaps so I decided to get started on the knives I will submit for testing.

My plan (yea, right) is to make 8 knives and send them to several Master Smiths for input and suggestions.

I got four of them forged out yesterday and today, all from Don Hanson's W2 (interesting future note, all of my JS knives will be from the same 2 1/8" bar of W2)

Pictures of the first four, ready for HT
    [​IMG]

2. Leatherface

Leatherface leatherface Knife Maker or Craftsman

ok I can dig that bro

The bottom one doesnt pop for me like the others do...Dont know why, but it doesnt

Why W2 though instead of 1084??

3. stephanfowler

That bottom one will look significantly different once I get the clip ground in and the handle put on. I think you might like it :devil1::devil1::devil1:

I LOVE using W2 and just a couple weeks ago got my hydraulic press going so I could break down the massive 2 1/8" round bars that I have.

Thank

4. Leatherface

Stephen

you are prolly right bro

I really cant think of anything that you have made that wasnt hawt :decisions

using a press on W2?? I really need to get me a press

what kind ya using?? homemade or ?

Only thing I want one for is for cable and san Mai blades and maybe basic Damascus someday but the one I have is a small 12ton hand cranked model

wanna know something funny?

I work everyday around 400 and 750 ton presse brakes...Cant use them for nothing except work though :pissedevil:

YOu gonna do the large one in a subhilt?? :devil1:

5. stephanfowler

Here's the first one done,

8.75" Blade
    Stabilized Maple Burl Handle
    Stainless Single guard

I tried to show as much detail in the photos as possible

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

That is kick ass Mr Fowler, Sir :devilinheaven:

7. Leatherface

Damn bro you on a roll!!!

you already pick out who ya sending that one to for a look see?