1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Ti handles for the BM 51

XxGRYMMxX Oct 14, 2013

1. XxGRYMMxX

XxGRYMMxX The Crayola Kid JDBA Official Member

I'm about to pick up a BM 51 and the first mod i want to do is to have the handle scales done in Ti. Ive been following the WIP for AZSwingers stuff and they look hot but i was wondering if anyone else makes ti scales for he 51. Pics and the makers info would be awesome so i can see whats available. Lets see whatcha got!

2. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

McAhron makes Ti scales for the 51, IIRC he also re-does the Ti liners too.
    And can also add bushings.
    I had mine done in classic skeleton pattern stainless steel though.
    Can't quote a price, it was a while ago, send him PM.

3. 321sold.biz

321sold.biz Better than gold or platinum

Heck...

Send me a PM if your seriously looking! I know a devil & it's neither of the 2 guys mentioned. But well worth it! :thumbsup:

4. jamex

jamex Organic Polygraph JDBA Official Member

does this guy not want the publicity? why not post the details here so anyone else who is curious doesn't need to start up a PM dialog?

5. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Palethius is another option.

[​IMG]

6. azswinger

azswinger Huge member

Now that's a nice knife!

7. Palethius

Palethius Customizer Knife Maker or Craftsman

If you are interested in getting some Ti scales for a 51, feel free to drop me a PM or email - palethius@gmail.com (preferred).

Thanks azswinger, I appreciate it.

Both Azswinger and McAhron do great work. To the OP, we are just a couple of makers/modders that are available for work. There are many others on this forum. Just contact a person you would like to deal with and start a conversation and ask to see some pics of work. If it doesn't work out there, you can move onto the next person, etc until you can get what you want. Good luck to you... and Ti 51 scales are awesome. If you are interested in some, get em, you won't be disappointed. Makes a WORLD of difference.

8. XxGRYMMxX

those look awesome palethius!!

9. gfckyrslf

gfckyrslf JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Holy shit those scales are nice
    Do you know the total weight?

10. Palethius

Palethius Customizer Knife Maker or Craftsman

I think it was 129g

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
  11. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

~4.6 oz :jdwink2:

12. gfckyrslf

gfckyrslf JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Damn now I think I need to buy another 51 so I can get a set of these scales made after I get my AZ scales and maybe do a comp video...:ropeman:

13. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

If anyone wants to help me hunt down all the 51 mod threads that would be great :ropeman:

:owl:

14. ls1mtz

ls1mtz JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

15. XxGRYMMxX

Holy shit... That Matt Cook piece is amazing. All these awesome 51 Modders, decisions decisions...

16. itadakimasu

itadakimasu There are no kangaroos in Austria! JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I guess you can't go wrong with any of them!

[​IMG]

17. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Bunker Dweller Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I wasn't seriously thinking of getting this done to one of my 51's until I say this pic. Wow.

18. azswinger

azswinger Huge member