1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the BRS AB infinity ?

Corpsegrinder Feb 5, 2017

1. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

I think those alt blades look sick right there, here I thought I was the only one who liked the alt blades. I have an OG rep blade and an alt rep and I much prefer the alt for some reason, I feel like it's better balanced if you can really register such minute weight differential. I kind of wish I now had snagged an alt infinity but the standard is rad too, just needs a swedge and it'll be g2g.

coll3ctor likes this.
  2. sable428

sable428 Little Member

the AB Infinity (venom) is something i've been wanting to get, it's a nice knife, however it's super pricey (go figure). I just wished that for something like that price wise they could've stepped it up a bit more by maybe doing different types of anodization on the scales. perhaps a bright green in the grooves on the handles, or something to compliment the green like a purple.. I get the theme is "Venom" but still would be super cool!

p.s. not a big fan of the AB inf. Venom's handles, they're a bit too round for my taste. I prefer the edge of the other AB scales.

3. coll3ctor

coll3ctor Average Member

i wonder if they will have just release alternate blades for sale. for years and years I had said id never get an alpha beast because of that blade shape but here i am with three of them now. maybe some enterprising custom makers will offer alternate blade options

4. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

I heard they were working on a tanto bladeshape for the AB

Ben., coll3ctor and Dustygmt like this.
  5. Dustygmt

Nice.

6. sable428

sable428 Little Member

7. Dustygmt

8. sable428

sable428 Little Member

Yeah, i saw, haven't heard about AB. I heard it was only barebones, and here's the pic for it. it was apparently premiered at blade show 2017

shit. worse comes to worse, switch the blade out, and BOOM tanto AB lol.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  9. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Now I like that blade profile. Sleek.

10. Dustygmt

That barebones looks fucking vicious.

11. sable428

sable428 Little Member

yeah, i'm picking one of them up as soon as they drop, if i'm lucky enough it will end up being my first real bali ;). i'm expecting same price as the original barebones.

12. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Anyone know an approx date?

13. Dustygmt

I like the original proportions and profile of the barebones, although I will be interested to hear what people say in respect to balance of the new tanto bones.

14. sable428

sable428 Little Member

been trying to figure that out myself. my guess is late 2017, maybe earlier. but this year.

if anyone knows release date let me know

now that you mention it, it does seem like it could have balance issues. i've been trying to decide on whether or not i should get the tanto barebones, or get this one that i found on knifecenter (blue AB)

link: https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BR...p-point-blade-blue-contoured-titanium-handles

15. Dustygmt

If you have money to drop, buy the AB.

Btw, I never suggested balance being an "issue", just that different blade profiles can produce different handling characteristics. More than likely this will not be an issue for you if this is your first bali.

16. sable428

sable428 Little Member

Sorry, guess i misunderstood. Still, with different profiles there's bound to be differences, and it would not surprise me if balance is one of them. But it probably will not be a big issue, as i'm sure the guys over at BRS have thought about it. But thanks for the suggestion!

17. Dustygmt

I think the 8AB is one of my favorite knives I own. The more I use it the more I like it, wasn't sure about it for a lil while but now it's an easy favorite. Idk if it makes sense to compare it to the standard alpha beast as they are totally different but judging it on its own merits it's got a great balance but still carries momentum well and is very fast...

BennytheBlade likes this.
  18. Dustygmt

I'm sold on S35VN for Bali's. What a great choice, I dropped my infinity tip first on a piece of glimmerstone and it pretty much laughed at it. Had it been 154CM or 440c the tip would be a gonner for sure.... The infinity is just ruggedness...

19. Deyolo

Deyolo Little member

Always been a fan of the blocky AB handle and the grip it gave and was worried about not liking the infinity.

The worry was unfounded. I was able to try ALT blade and standard. They had a good balance and the weight is very light for a sandwhich balisong. Grip was more than acceptable and was a joy to manipulate. The sound it makes is pleasant to the ears.

A very relaxing flipper. I feel like it is the closest thing to a 42 or AA that is a production bali today.

20. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Let's just say, there is a reason the Alpha Beast line vs BM42 is usually concluded with "AB vs Potato." Everyone has their preference but 9/10 times the AB is considered cream of the crop for flipping. I personally see why, love mine.