1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the BRS AB infinity ?

Corpsegrinder Feb 5, 2017

1. drecon

drecon JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

This one looks pretty bad ass to me! Only thing I don't like, is that these weren't available when I bought my regular AB in the last drop a few months ago. Had I known these were coming out, I would have held out! I wish I could afford to snatch up one of every balisong that appeals to me but considering these grades of knives are equivalent in price to some mid grade firearms I just can't justify having multiples. I will have to watch on the sidelines and enjoy my AB 3.0 as my one and only in this price range. Maybe some day!

2. fogcreature

fogcreature JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Will there be a release of the standard AB in the near future?

coll3ctor likes this.
  3. ThePourBoy

ThePourBoy Little Member

Having just rounded my handles and comparing pics it isn't a whole lot of material coming off, I would wager the weight difference would be negligible.

4. UseitorLoseit

UseitorLoseit Little member

So now I ask myself, Infinity now or roll the dice and wait for the 87? Decisions...

coll3ctor likes this.
  5. KaliSong

KaliSong JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Not trying to tell you what to do... but if you pass on any AB in favor of the 87 you are setting yourself up for disappointment. In my humble opinion.

6. Slowcash

Slowcash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Looks great to me, comes custom for bitch hands already, ill take 1. lol. I think its great that they offer something that doesn't need to be modded for the people that like the smooth handles.

7. CowStabber

CowStabber Little member

In stock bitches

8. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

dude the 87 looks like dogshit compared to any kind of AB

looking very forward to feeling the infinity, it has everything i'd want in a custom shop AB.

:thumbsup: -=BRS=-, great idea to release this

12:17 est and still 3 in stock

coll3ctor and KaliSong like this.
  9. KaliSong

Haha I was trying to be polite earlier, but pretty much what I was thinking.

10. Corpsegrinder

Corpsegrinder Tiny Member

Dont really think that the 87 will be fucking terrible but it sure wont be
    Better than an AB
    Benchmade went to shit a looong time ago

11. Corpsegrinder

Corpsegrinder Tiny Member

You'll be sorry if you pass up this bali

12. PeterPotatoes

PeterPotatoes Little member

I was thinking the same thing. Ive been playing with a flyty 51 for about a year and recently got a AB. the AB flips great but i'm used to the rounded handles and it seems like I can do certain tricks better with the 51. The infinity looks like the perfect in between, I'm hoping it is, ill find out soon enough.

Corpsegrinder likes this.
  13. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

Got mine ordered. Fuckin stoked.

Dustygmt, apdallaround and KaliSong like this.
  14. KaliSong

Any chance we'll get a review? Picked one up to check out for myself, but I always love hearing your thoughts on new balis.

Dustygmt likes this.
  15. apdallaround

SJ shred it and post it please. people like "watching you" HA

this AB is worth it. i know people like the AB for the angles on the handles but a rounded AB just seems awesome.

*side note to the 87 commented: the weird handle shape killed the 87 for me. if they would have kept the traditional 4x handle but with forged ti they would have absolutely hit it out of the park... however they did not. mcfly87

KaliSong likes this.
  16. Silent Jay

Yes, very god chance.

The blade heavy aspect mixed with the handle shape.

But starting to feel a little off on the order. haven't gotten my e-mail form BHQ yet. So we'll see but yeah, gonna get tons of flipping time. Clip and S35VN means it'll probably be my new work knife.

17. ENGRISH

ENGRISH JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Knifecenter also has AB infinity in stock, both standard and alt blade variants.

apdallaround and desmodus like this.
  18. apdallaround

wtf, infinity standard blade and alt blade? damn i must not be paying attention. i figured bhq's standard infinity was it. i figured wrong. i'm glad i snagged a standard blade but perhaps if the handle weight is way lighter than an ab3.0 the alt may feel more well rounded on the infinity as the blade material is less. "speculation"

19. Silent Jay

I try to pay pretty close attention too and had no clue at all that Knifecenter was gonna have them at all, let alone alt blades. Alt blade might have even been preferable for normal use with the reinforcement the tip gets form that profile....

Welp, My standard one is on it's way form Blade HQ and that is the life I lead. Still stoked regardless.

Dustygmt and KaliSong like this.
  20. MaddogZ170

MaddogZ170 Little member

Price point is alright considering the rounded handles (not a fan, standard looks way cleaner), crowned spine, and pocket clip. Looks like they have a decent amount because they are still in stock although they have both standard and alt blade, really not a fan of alt blade even though I have a rep alt blade.... only cause I couldn't find an og blade. Get them now if you like the look! They won't last long, probably going to sell here for at least $500 when they go out of stock