1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the BRS AB infinity ?

Corpsegrinder Feb 5, 2017

1. Corpsegrinder

Corpsegrinder Tiny Member

Im not really feeling it
    How about you guys ?

2. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

what aren't you feeling? looks pretty damn rad to me.

ATLWood likes this.
  3. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Dude...he can`t feel...literally,he`s a corpse....

4. Corpsegrinder

The handles seem to rounded for my preference
    The crowned spine is a plus obviously but i kinda think they could've added that feature to the standard AB
    I wish the finish is the same as the production too
    But thats just my taste
    And they're gonna jack up the price a lot probably

5. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Hahaha made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

On topic...a bali will never fit everyone's preference. I would understand if the complaint was about quality or customer service. But about personal preference is bias.

***Go Patriots!!!

Corpsegrinder likes this.
  6. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

Rounded handles, Pocket clip, and S35VN blade steel.

No, these aren't things they can "just add to the production" without the price of the AB going up as a whole anyway, and BRS strives to maintain the price of the AB despite increased costs since the initial release.

Not sure what you think "a lot" is for the price increase, but I trust BRS to make sure you get bang for your buck like usual and not increase it too much.

apdallaround and ATLWood like this.
  7. rackreal

rackreal Huge member

That rounded handle and crowned spine make AB near perfect.
    However, I thought "infinity " sounds bit too much.
    I would have named,something like, ALT AB as AB3.1
    Venom as AB3.3
    Then infinity as AB4.0

who cares what I think:Applause:

Gamestyleofice likes this.
  8. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Not my cup of tea. To me the AB is the angles and lines.

I suspect they took the most common requests from the custom shop and added them to a production work order.

9. Skurm

Skurm Average member

Doubt It'll be too much more in cost but mainly wondering how much material will be taken off the handles. Im sure the balance will still be great, so I wonder if it'll win over the people who prefer reps over ABs.

Im just glad BRS is taking on projects like this, Id love to see more production runs with factory mods...ano, crowning, etc. aside.

ATLWood likes this.
  10. KaliSong

KaliSong JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I dig it. I've been wanting to try out a rounded handle AB for a while. From the pics it looks like a more aggressively rounded handle than some of the mods I've seen, but with it being an official BRS product we can trust that all the changes have been considered together to keep the balance in a nice place. Think it would be interesting with the alt blade as well.

11. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

^^Nailed it!

Gamestyleofice likes this.
  12. ENGRISH

ENGRISH JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Looks like $459.99 is the price point, pretty fair for the extras.

13. SpydercoLover

SpydercoLover Level: True Devil

This ^ everything added costs. You can't expect to get more for the same price. Just not how economics work. Plus, everything being added is well worth it.

I agree and disagree. I agree that the AB is the angles and lines. It's design just works. However, I love my rounded beast. One of my top 5 I flip often as it is really comfortable. I'm looking forward to trying out an Infinity.

14. jeffphansen77

jeffphansen77 Little member

I've paid considerably more to have modders make 2 of these so far. Mine have swedges & satin finishes but are otherwise basically the AB Infinity, minus the S35V.

15. Corpsegrinder

Where did you find the price
    And yeah thats actually a good price considering all the work put in
    Do you by any chance know when a batch of standard AB's is gonna drop ?

16. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Trying to offer and accommodate everyone interested in balisongs is, well lets face it is a huge task. I think flippers have had the lions share of our offerings for sure. We do try and make sure people who collect use and admire balisongs have something that appeals to them as well, theres zero business sense to leaving them out in the cold. We offer, and will continue to offer a wide spectrum of products. In doing so we are showing our support and love of the balisong knife in the best way we know how, to show that we understand the balisong knife, as a knife, a flipper, a collectable and more.

Value for money, go ask a modder to make you an s35vn reblade and dome your handles and produce you a clip. Dollars to donuts it comes in a damn site more then 90 bucks much less 40. By offering this in a production piece we were able share that value.

I like flipping it, it does everything youd want it to do, its a bit faster and lighter. It has also cut the ever living fuck out of me twice so pay attention for sure. SOOOOOOOooooo...... as a footnote, and I suppose a warning, the samples we got were SCARY sharp, and have held edges through a lot of testing. Keep your wits about you when flapping these!

best- Loosey

17. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

E-mail from BladeHQ has the price listed at $459.99

Considering that the prem AB was about 420$ another $40 for the upgraded blade steel and rounded handles is pretty good.

18. Corpsegrinder

19. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

So do we have any kind of info on how many of these are being released? Is it gonna be similar production numbers as a usual standard AB run? Or more like the premium AB numbers or even less? Any info is appreciated!

apdallaround likes this.
  20. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

It doesn't matter what the numbers are.

People will scalp them as fast as possible and only luck will get them to those who actually deserve them.