1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The Talisong - Eldon Talley Balisong - a video review

itadakimasu Feb 23, 2015

1. itadakimasu

itadakimasu There are no kangaroos in Austria! JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Hey guys,
    I finally had some time to do a video of the Talisong. I am sorry for some mistakes I made language-wise. I took several videos and after over an hour I thought that it's okay to take this one.:snooze:

I hope the video gives you a good impression of the knife. Feel free to ask me any questions, I hope I can answer them. :devilcorn:

[video=youtube;7yaRYTrYfgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yaRYTrYfgs[/video]

2. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

Great vid Bro! Thanks for sharing! Great looking Bali.:thumbsup:

itadakimasu likes this.
  3. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

damn that's pretty nice :manganr:

itadakimasu likes this.
  4. mattlclemens

mattlclemens Down For Life JDBA Official Member

Great video, cant wait till my name is up on the list.

RazorSharp likes this.
  5. Band-aid

Band-aid Stuck on 'em! JDBA Official Member

Nice looking Bali/Tali...:thumbsup:

itadakimasu likes this.
  6. J Ray

J Ray Formerly Morpho JDBA Official Member

Great info video, thanks for sharing

itadakimasu likes this.
  7. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Excellent vid, thanks for sharing the close ups!! I've been following this on IG and been really excited....really want to flip one of these terribly!!! :thumbsup:

The latch looks like it was influenced by the AB with the angled tip, looks like it would bounce up and away as the AB during flipping, does it flip up on contact??

itadakimasu likes this.
  8. M.Reno

M.Reno Cowboy JDBA Official Member

Good video. That's a super knife!:thumbsup:

itadakimasu likes this.
  9. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The guy that made that knife is so kool to talk to. What a great guy watching him do those holes on the side was awesome. Congrats on the knife and killer video. Anyone on IG check out talisong, the guy is great I'm npt sure that's his name or not but great guy to talk to. I think I'm 10 weeks out from getting one he was taking alot of people's names. I think if anyone interested.

10. metlman

metlman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Nice to see another channel style bali on the forum. Excellent!

itadakimasu likes this.
  11. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Sweet looking knife. It's good that he didn't do the extra holes along the handle. It'll give it some weight in the back end.

My only question relates to its price.

itadakimasu likes this.
  12. RepEvox

RepEvox Average member

I remember reading the bali would be ~$750, but don't quote me on that. That was on his instagram or something.

This is one gorgeous bali. Man how I wish I could afford these works of art.

13. THEONEANDONLY

THEONEANDONLY Drunk on the Blood of Saints JDBA Official Member

I want to flip it, yeah price wise, 700$ for a full channel custom is a great price.

14. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Very good review. His transition into balisongs is a win for the community.

***:thumbsup:

itadakimasu likes this.
  15. Foreman

Foreman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I really liked your video, looks like a great knife. More channel titanium is always good.

16. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

It looks and sounds extremely well made. I can't wait for the other blade shapes! :ropeman::madaddy:

itadakimasu and RazorSharp like this.
  17. itadakimasu

itadakimasu There are no kangaroos in Austria! JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Thanks guys, the balisong is truly a nice piece! :manganr:

Another thing about the latch I like: When latched you can squeeze the knife without having to fear that there is "too much" pressure on the tang pins, or that the handles might touch.

I took some quick pictures, but it's raining today so the light is bad, I did play around with photoshop though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No idea, but I am sure as soon as a "flipper" get his hands on it, there will be more info.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
  18. mag1

mag1 No More Mr. Nice Guy Brigade Member

nice vid..
    His books are closed

19. THEONEANDONLY

THEONEANDONLY Drunk on the Blood of Saints JDBA Official Member

Tanto perhaps???

WyldStyl3 likes this.
  20. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That be the price brother. I think it's a little high compared to other customs like the ex09 or MC FHM who are totally great and very fair but people and their prices these days are just rough. I have owned a lot of balis that aren't worth the money for them. Alot will disagree but the 42 ss for 4 to 5 hundred not worth it. It's always a good example I think. Just my opinion. I would think a custom like that 600$ flat be a perfect price.