1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The Spoiled Under-30 CrowdMerged with the spoiled under 40 crowd!!!

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE Apr 14, 2008

1. watercrawl

watercrawl Enormous member

I remember the original laser tag....my dad shanked it from me and he and his buddies would sit around drinking beer seeing how far away and how accurate it was.

2. SoToo

SoToo paranoid self-destroyer

Yep... that's exactly what we did with the Lawn Darts! :bwah::ropeman::bwah:

3. SoToo

Hell yeah... we got a reasonable facsimile for our kids.... set it up in a nice area of the yard.... wet it down.... the kids had a blast and a half on it. However.... I took a dive at the sum bitch and pretty much figured I had commited suicide for approximately 15 fuckin' minutes there. :yesman:

4. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Anyone remember seeing these steel mixing containers at the site of a new house being built? They were usually about 6' x 3' x 12" deep and they used to manually mix the cement with a special hoe with holes in it. As kids, we stole them from the building site and they became our boats for travelling down the river to the resevoir. 2 x 4's for seats and a piece of plywood for a paddle & we were off. Lots of fun. Then they went and built houses along the river and put a fence up all around the resevoir! :devilroll:

Shoot... forgot the pix!

[​IMG]

5. texastonydobbs

texastonydobbs Texas Tony

6. willhunt

willhunt much appreciated

I guess I was about 8 years old, and we still had an old B/W television.

But tonite we were going over to Grandma and Grandpas house to watch the Wizard of Oz on their new "Color" TV.

I very vividly remember thinking, 'well I wonder what color their new TV is? Our TV is a wood color. Maybe theirs is red or blue or maybe a rainbow color!:devilzide

And when Dorothy opened the door to enter Munchkin-Land...........I'll never forget it. Still one of my favorite parts of that movie.

SugarSkull likes this.
  7. Katwyld

Katwyld Devil Doll Lady Devil

heh Granny was the first one of the family to get a TV with a remote... one of the 'newer' remotes (that thing was so heavy and clunky!)... Sitting watching TV with her and suddenly the channel changed! I looked at her, and she looked shocked. Turned back to the TV and a minute later it happened again... she did it for about 5 minutes before I caught her with it. heh

I had to be about... oh, 10?

My friend Lisa and my excitement for the summers were catching frogs and toads (she wouldn't touch them, but would look for them and point them out and I would catch them) and making boats out of fake bamboo to send down the creek...

And betta max... heh My Mom had that thing forever... she wouldn't get rid of it.

It is sometimes startling to think of how much things have changed... as I sit here in bed on the laptop posting to people all over the world...

8. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

ONTV! A little history of my life intertwined with that one! I graduated from SDSU in '76 and was up in L.A. looking for a job in production and took a phone sales job with ONTV as a way to get by. I was too successful and ended up Director of Sales for ONTV! When I started there, they had 4000 customers and when I left for Oregon in '82 they had over 500,000! I later was VP Sales and Marketing for the SelecTV/ONTV combination owned by Clarion and saw it sold to TelStar and milked for cash until it died.

Now BTT! Can many even imagine not having cellphones or the Internet???

9. Markous

Markous as a kite Brigade Member

I think it was DOS we used but i remember typing lines of code for 2 week's worth of classes in grade 4 just to spell HI on the 19" screen ah the apple2 whatever i remember hooking it up to a normal CRT television.

In grade 9 ('93) our LAN in the school with 24 computers on it had a whopping 1 gigabyte of storage more than enough HA!

Now we gots the internets

10. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

My first computer had a 10 meg hard drive and an 8086 processor! I can still struggle through DOS commands if I have to!

11. SoToo

My first computer was the Commodore 64.... I was really fixed up too, with a matching monitor, printer, floppy drive, tape drive, and even a joystick. I could print my address book, of about 50 entries, in damn near 20 minutes. It was really something...

Then I had a IBM PC jr, then an IBM clone XT with 10 meg hdd, and then I was really flying with my IBM AT286 clone and it's "HUGE" 20 meg hdd. I couldn't wait to get a CGA graphics card for that one. :yesman:

[​IMG]

12. Paulie

Paulie Mothers Worry

They should bring these back...

[​IMG]

13. SoToo

I can't even remember how many different 8-Track players I had. Right in the middle of a tune... music fades out... *CLICK-CLICK*... music fades back in. Talk about pirating MP3s... nobody had a collection of 8-Track tapes without 2 or 3 pirated tapes in the bunch... and with those groovy labels too. I'm pretty sure the days of 8-Track provided us a ton of the copyright laws we have now. :grinyes:

14. JMForge

JMForge knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

LOL......I was going to mention 8 tracks!!!!. How about this one? Does nayone remember when it was against FCC regs to put in a cable TV system in any urban area that had all three networks? You could only get cable if you lived out in the sticks. When we first got it in Manchester, CT back in like '75, you could get the networks and a couple of independent channels from New York and Boston and that was it. The first time I ever saw anything like HBO was in Georgia in 1978-79 and they actually showed nothing but MOVIES back then. Just like MTV only played MUSIC VIDEOS back in the early to mid 80's.:manganr:

15. SoToo

Yeah... WTF? Sidenote to your post; MTV definitely WAS all music ALL the time. Now there's like 3 or 4 MTVs and I still don't see them playing music, just reality shows and shit. If you do find an MTV playing a vid... it's usually just HipHop. As a matter of fact, MTV will play 5 seconds of a vid between programs... like it's a damn commercial or something. Now that VH1 has got a handful of channels, they'll play music vids on some of them. However, with MTV, it was apparently just... well... a reality overflow! :declare:

16. gunknifenut

gunknifenut Huge member

When I was a little guy..like 11 or 12, My late grandfather bought me a CALCULATOR for x-mas....I was pretty dissapointed..then I found out it cost $150 and I thought I was the coolest kid that didnt know shit about math. This was the early 80's...Thanks for the laugh..I read the whole thing to my wife and she loved it!

17. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

I remember when we all wore clothes and hats that fit:RXX:

18. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

So, you gave up clothes? :wes:

19. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

I think this was my Mom's & Dad's 1st TV... an RCA Victor. Got to be from before 1950. I can't remember watching it as a kid but it looks pretty cool! 12" diagonal; about 9" x 7" screen although the actual viewing area is somewhat smaller. It's sitting up in the attic collecting dust. Came with its own set of legs!

[​IMG]

A little bit closer... yep that's dust on top.

[​IMG]

The doors open up and slide back into the sides of the cabinet...

[​IMG]

No remote control for this TV! :ross:

[​IMG]

20. archer-ca

archer-ca Huge member

Wow!! Might be a dumb idea but I'd be interested to see if it would still light up...

If not maybe you can retro fit it with a modern display screen and cable box?

Norman