1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The shit that goes in a gas forge.

jimmyjo Mar 14, 2017

1. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

I need the shit that goes in a gas forge and won't kill me dead quick. I need the mud clay, paste insulation stuff that I have burned and cracked in my forge. I know I could look it up but I'm lazy. Where should I buy it? And I need some flux for using in the forge. Help. Even better just send it to my house I'm just that lazy sometimes.

2. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

lol

Jim L. and jimmyjo like this.
  3. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Reminds me of the fellow that's car was running rough. Took it to the mechanic.

After repair, the guy asks "What was the problem?"

Mechanic says, "Just shit in the fuel system."

"Really? How often?" :bobert:

4. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

Ok I'm forced to you tube it. I'll probably find a guy that says he uses napalm for his forge.

Jim L. likes this.
  5. Propagandalf

Propagandalf Tiny Member

I love the smell of napalm in the morning

Jim L., hamburger and jimmyjo like this.
  6. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I see no replies in 9 days I guess some of are knife makers are lazy too . I'd check youtube or google the info at this time .Good luck my friend,, Oh and been meaning to say Love the ASH 1 on your avartar .,,,

No Regrets!!Just Respect,,,
    Gary

7. hickory

hickory JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I know you can use 50/50 plaster of paris and sand. It's the shortcut mix, not the best stuff.. when it goes to shit just replace it?

8. hamburger

hamburger knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

asbestos. cram it in the cracks. asbestos is harmful when being installed and removed. when its in a stable state and not flying all about its OK. i had a buddy that had to go to school to learn how to remove asbestos from pipes and stuff. that is what he told me. a room that had it on pipes and other places its safe as long as its not disturbed. he told me that there were more asbestos partials floating in the air on a street corner from trucks and cars braking at a red light than in rooms with it installed. UNLESS YOU DISTURB IT! that is what he said and he had to go to school to learn it.

Jim L. likes this.
  9. Jim L.

Jim L. knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Have you ever thought about using one part (ish) morter mix to a bit less than 2 parts (1.75-ish) perlite?

Mix dry then hydrate using a spray bottle. You're looking for a hair damper than having clumps stick in a ball.