1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The Romanian PSL rifle is back ... for now.

GuItArMaN8373 Nov 8, 2018

1. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Still cheaper than an SVD but they're more like $1200-$1500 guns tops.

2. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

That is fucking ridiculous.
    They just weren't that awesome.
    Is VEPR still importing their 7.62x54r offering?

3. GuItArMaN8373

They are awesome but not "SVD Dragunov price" awesome. You can still get veprs but I know they've gone up quite a bit too.

4. norcal13

Wasn't there some problem with PSL's and heavy ball ammo?

5. norcal13

I seem to remember justifying going cheap and buying a VEPR because of it.

6. GuItArMaN8373

Yeah nothing over 150gr. But companies now make adjustable gas pistons and adjustable gas blocks. Either way you can easily shoot any grain you want. Although you'll find most of that caliber to be 150 and under, the match stuff seems to be what is on the heavy side.

7. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

The preferred round for the PSL is a 147 grain bullet. The PSL is a Designated Marksman's Rifle (DMR) while the SVD and it's Chinese Clone are SniperRifles. Unfortunately I wasn't able to shoot it at the 100 yard line (flooded) so I had to settle for 65 yards. The two rounds at 6 O'Clock were the first two rounds. It does have potential if I can ever figure out the best way to adjust the scope!

[​IMG]

8. GuItArMaN8373

Not bad. Mine does the typical couple moa at 100 yards. Depends on how warm the barrel starts to get. Tests have been done comparing the SVD and PSL. Accuracy is no different between the two. Primarily because of the cartridge I'm sure.

Get a newer variable pso scope from kalinka optics and never look back. Very easy to zero and use.