1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The Romanian PSL rifle is back ... for now.

GuItArMaN8373 Nov 8, 2018 at 3:11 AM

1. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

You guys remember years ago when the Romanian PSL was going for around $600 with scope and all the goodies? Now it's back and well over $1800+ IF still in stock at certain dealers.

CRAZY!

This new release comes with a slightly better scope but that's it. No bayonet lug on the flash hider and no extra mag. You get 1 mag and extra ones usually go for $70 or so a piece. Also, no accessories included at all.

I upgraded the trigger in mine to a match trigger and put a beautiful Russian PSO3x-9x scope on it. Love it!

CDR_Glock likes this.
  2. Roz

Roz Little Member

For that kind of price I’ll stick to my FALs and M1As.

Samb likes this.
  3. GuItArMaN8373

Yeah they're great but not over $1k

Roz likes this.
  4. GuItArMaN8373

Which M1As do you have? I just put my Scout Squad in an EBR chassis but haven't gotten to test groupings with match ammo yet.

5. Roz

Roz Little Member

I have a plain scout m1a scout and a ‘07 100th camp perry anniversary edition and a cheapo but surprisingly good polycom knock off.

6. GuItArMaN8373

Oh yeah, my first was my Polytech (much better than the Norincos). The receivers alone go for many hundreds. And some of the other nice forged parts.

7. Roz

Roz Little Member

I need to evaluate what my collection is worth now. I know some of my prebans have dropped jn price dramatically. But then again I know some of my unbuilt imbel gear logo metric receivers are now worth 3-4x what I paid for them.

8. GuItArMaN8373

Good thing I never got into guns as really an investment. But I know my Saiga 12, Arsenal, and now PSL could fetch me much more than I paid/put into them.

9. Roz

Roz Little Member

Nah. Not an investment but good to know what it’s worth If I need to liquidate some to fund other pieces.

I have one of the original Saiga 12s unmodified but as imported with a folding stock. Stupid 26 inch barrel. It’s a unique piece I picked up living near KREBS when they first started bringing them into the country/modifying them.

10. GuItArMaN8373

Yeah I got a "vodka special". But after getting it fixed by a cert. dealer and modding the hell out of it, it's way better than any VEPR or overprice Fostech Origin 12. Turning it into a pistol grip beast made it much more "scary" looking.

And I don't think I could ever sell a gun to make room for another. I'd have to sell my knives first. You're a better man than me.

11. Roz

Roz Little Member

I’ve offloaded a couple Sks-d and sks-m back when they were worth a lot less. I have sold off some unbuilt receivers, and a 590 mariner. I’ve given away some shotguns and rifles to family. But beyond that once they get in the safe they are mine.

Usually buy up kits and receivers with every intention of building up multiple variants but never end up with the time. And so they sit. I kind of value what I have for insurance and inventory purposes. Plus to leave a record for the family should I kick the bucket. Otherwise who knows. Maybe they’ll sell it all at scrap metal value.

12. GuItArMaN8373

Don't forget me in your will, they will have a great home next to my toys!