1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The roller coaster of life.............

tubtar Jan 16, 2018

1. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

I am seeing it in all of it's whirling , rising , falling glory lately..............from friends getting bad news to friends getting good news , to passing of old friends , to welcoming newcomers to this crazy spinning rock we call earth.
    It serves to highlight what is important , and how fleeting life really is.
    In a geological kind of way , our existence is too brief to even warrant notice.
    When things turn south , it lasts a fucking eternity.
    When things roll along smoothly , and better yet , when life is really bringing the smiles , it goes by way to fast.
    If you're paying attention , it can be overwhelming at times............sensory overload , and the capacity to only be able to handle so much in one sitting.
    It do get busy.
    And in all this , I have an announcement that makes me very happy.
    Our Daughter Danielle will be marrying on March 18th .........some of you have met her , many of you know what she means to us , and I am really thrilled for her.
    Judy's feelings defy mere words.
    I suppose it is close to the " every Mother's dream " for their daughter , and I agree with probably all of it , but with a tad less emotion.
    I like the fellow she is tying the knot with.
    He showed up at the house on one of my days off , unannounced , to ask for our blessing.
    This kind of old school respect scores really well with me .
    His second marriage , her first , but they have both lived enough to have a good idea of what they want.
    And seem to have found it in each other.
    They are making the plans and I will be writing a check corresponding with her wishes and our ability to make it so.
    That is how it goes in this part of the world , and makes me wonder if the old arranged marriage / dowry deal doesn't make sense on some level.
    But every once in a while , I am struck with startling levels of inspiration , and there happened to be one of those moments yesterday.
    A suitable present for them..........who are essentially grown up and have most of the life shit you need...........kitchen stuff , house crap ........... that has been in place for a while.
    But something unique for them , something that will provide memories and be looked on fondly for the rest of time...........that takes a little doing.
    Courtesy of myself and Jimmy Mac , Danielle has a nice little collection of steel.
    Brandon has some catching up to do.
    But a quick call to Dave Wattenberg at Pro-tech and I think I found the perfect present.
    His and Hers , one of one switchblades , with personalized engraving and display boxes ?
    I won't go deep into details , but I do know this.........for the first time in my life , I will be jealous of Danielle's knife collection. :bwah::bwah::bwah:
    Even Judy thinks I did alright.
    Pics when the time is right. :tubtar:

2. Snapper

Snapper President of the 51st state! Brigade Member

A true gift from the heart John, very good idea too. My congratulations to the future newlyweds.:cupid:

3. Brian_W204

Brian_W204 Enormous member

Congratulations to her and you!

Wait. One-of-a-kind Protechs? You got any more single daughters?

Poolshark and tubtar like this.
  4. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Congratulations. He’s going to have some good times with his new FIL!

tubtar likes this.
  5. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Awesome news!

tubtar likes this.
  6. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

awesome

tubtar likes this.
  7. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Maybe we oughtta auction 'em off on eBride? :bwah:

Congrats on getting rid of the upcoming Nuptials. Hope it works out well for them.

tubtar likes this.
  8. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

This is 'One of a kind Protechs' we're talking about here.......Single daughters? Youre way too picky. Shit, good looking sons or even pets would work too for one of those blades as far as I'm concerned!

tubtar likes this.
  9. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

Seriously though John, it can take a lifetime to find that person and if they found eachother and they make eachother happy. That works for me.
    Wish her the best from across the pond and don't forget the pics of the day, knives and all.

Ray

tubtar likes this.
  10. Atheos

Atheos Average member JDBA Official Member

awww that's awesome. congratulations!

his and hers knife set sounds amazing. cant wait to see it. i wish my wife had ANY interest in knives at all!

actually maybe I don't, we cant afford two knife addictions lol.

tubtar likes this.
  11. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

Hope everything works out for them

tubtar likes this.
  12. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Lovely idea John, hope that your daughter and future son in law find true happiness.

crogers and tubtar like this.
  13. GODDESS OF VENGEANCE

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE Crazy Bitch Lady Devil Super Moderator

:woot: CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to see pics! :D :GOV:

tubtar and crogers like this.
  14. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

:fixed::madaddy:

tubtar likes this.
  15. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Congrats, John !