1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The Rebel Fighter

Buffalohump Jun 17, 2010

1. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Off the reservation

Hey all,

I am extremely pleased to report that this amazing bowie - the Rebel Fighter - is on its way to me as we speak.

Stephan had this at Blade so it was photographed by the master Coop and there is another fantastic shot from Stephan's website.

These are both great shots but you can be assured I will take more when it gets here.

The blade length is 9,5 inches and of course its handforged by Stephan from W2 steel.

Handle is desert ironwood and guard is stainless steel. My first real bowie!

The micarta handled one at the bottom is another version that got me thinking about a bowie from Stephen, I loved it the minute I saw it....

However, that one has an 8 inch blade and I wanted 9.5 inches as Bill Bagwell reckons that's the minimum length to get the maximum leverage out of a bowie when executing snap cuts. I figure Bill should know!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
  2. stephanfowler

stephanfowler knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I'm glad your excited.

This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite knives to make, the subtle recurve of the blade just comes out so sexy.

I have to thank Les Robertson for the inspiration on this particular model, I appreciate all the help.

Stephan

3. Buffalohump

Indeed it was a real pleasure dealing with Les.

4. 13.45

13.45 NRA Benefactor Life Member

that hamon is superb- a very special bowie indeed!

5. Buffalohump

Woohoo! It pitched up today...... man, its an awesome piece. Really quick and the handle is incredibly comfortable. I really think Stephan is one of the best value makers around right now.

Here some of MY crappy pics!

[​IMG]

Get a load of the arching shape of this thing, reminds me of a shark!

[​IMG]

A shot with flash to show that incredible hamon...

[​IMG]

One without flash. The sheath is very well made and works like a bomb.

[​IMG]

See how that handle just blends into the guard? Totally seamless!

6. Leatherface

Leatherface leatherface Knife Maker or Craftsman

bro we noobs sooo need a WIP on one of these!!

awesome knife

7. stephanfowler

stephanfowler knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

from your lips to God's ears my friend.

8. Buffalohump

More piccies!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]