1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The Reason NASA Never Returned To The Moon (Full Documentary)

Dutchtracker Jun 7, 2014

1. droid

droid This IS the droid you are looking for! Brigade Member

Guys, guys, guys... I keep telling you tinfoil is passé!

Velostat is where it's at!!!!

:link:

2. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

The Shining as a confession. It can only enhance an already amazing movie, giving me yet another reason to watch it drunk. Imagine the signs I will find!

I think you have to admit...if you think Kubrick is a genius, or even just a decent director...AT LEAST the scene with the sweater is even GREATER now that you know it is about the moon conspiracy!! ha ha ha!! I never noticed that sweater before. That is not random! Fantastic stuff.

obi

3. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

:realfunny: :bobert:

4. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

Why we have not gone back to the moon.

Been there done that. There is nothing there to go back for.
    Why spend billions of dollars to go no where and get nothing. Not even green cheese for gods sake grommet.:bwah:

Even mining Helium-3 is not viable with all the fossil fuels we keep finding here on good old earth.

[YOUTUBE]ayM68-4EioY[/YOUTUBE]

5. Sheldon_Wickersham

Sheldon_Wickersham Blue Star Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

Wait, whuut, the wurld ain't flat? Damn it, Jim Beam, me up... :jdwink2:

sickboy likes this.
  6. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

"Jim Beam" is about the most sensible thing posted here......

sickboy

7. Worker

Worker Slacker Brigade Member

I spent the last 2 weeks locked in a room watching Gilligans island reruns, over and over and I fully believe we went to the moon. Go back to sleep... nothing to see here. Jeeeezzz Giligan watch out for that giant spider!!!! Oh and there driving electric cars and playing golf on the moon....yes...It must be true because TV said so.

8. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

The Reason NASA Never Returned To The Moon (Full Documentary)

:fart: :spacedevil:

[video=youtube;fGKOcuANNQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGKOcuANNQo[/video]

Dutchtracker likes this.
  9. Obijuan Kenobe

One of these original moonwalkers knocks folks out for calling him a liar.

The first guy ever on the moon does few or no speaking engagements, despite having accomplished arguably the coolest most significant feat in human history.

How many folks who have climbed a few big peaks start giving lectures about team work and shit? How much do you think he could charge for an appearance? He is off the radar like Michael Jordan after his father was killed and the last appearance he did...he started crying.
    I wonder why no one invites him? :unintroduced:

With sliderules and manual mills, we built all we needed to go the moon and back in 1969, before many of us were old enough to know anything...and you believed EVERYTHING ON TV. Orbital calculations, flight trajectories...all by hand and slide rule...all on the fly. How much memory did computers have back then? Processing speed?

Now that RJ Martin is making knives with tolerances in the tenths in his private shop, computers are literally 1000's of times faster and more powerful, while everything automotive or aerospace is made with robot milling machines running from CAD design...we can't get to the moon anymore 'cause it's a hard thing to do.

Just one thing more.

No one said the shuttle flights were faked. I think the main and best argument that we did not go to surface of the moon is that the radiation/temperatures there (away from the protection of the Van Allen Belt of the Earth) would have killed them. Orbit is easy, so all those missions are real for sure.

That is also the best argument for why we don't go back. It is also the main argument told in Russia as evidence against the US landing on the moon.

:thumbsup:

obi

10. bfm

bfm Should read BMF a new type of Strider

11. corjzg

corjzg Hittin' Switches

Except for the fact that there is indisputable, scientific proof of our moon landings.

12. Masharp81

Masharp81 Angelus Mortis JDBA Official Member

Well... Yeah, there's that... But what about the flag that looks like it's blowing in the wind in the photograph!?! And where are the stars, man!?! There are no stars in any of the photos, so it must have been shot in a studio! :devilroll:

Most of the conspiracy theory guys already have their minds made up, so it doesn't matter how much EVIDENCE or PROOF you show them. They will always have a THEORY that attempts to debunk the evidence. Some of the reasoning I've seen for not accepting the moon landing as fact is silly, and almost comical. And a lot of people will refuse to believe that we landed on the moon even after they are given solid, scientifically accepted reasons as to why their theories don't hold water.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that every conspiracy theory should be thrown out the window. I personally have seen a lot of compelling questions been raised about 9/11 that I think should be looked into further, and we need answers. But these questions I am referring to are based on EVIDENCE that was found at ground zero. Not based on THEORIES that are loosely based on scientific fact, that are conjured up by someone who has an agenda. Not to stray too far off topic, but for anyone who is interested; "Zeitgeist The Movie" is an interesting documentary that questions a lot of things going on in our country. It has a segment on 9/11, but it also touches on organized religion, and how our monetary system based on the Federal Reserve was doomed to fail and was designed by bankers in order to make bankers rich.

Back on topic: It's good to question things. And no, not everything our government tells us should be accepted as fact. But we did land on the moon :manganr:. And most arguments I see trying to state otherwise are sometimes entertaining, but most just sound silly when you are presented with the evidence :jdwink2: :devilcorn:

13. Worker

Show me the scientific proof. :devilwag:

14. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Shit man that's easy....I bought a commemorative mug of the shopping net work for $19.99 and because I acted fast, I received two commemorative plates for free, $6.99 shipping though....how's that for proof:thumbsup:

15. Obijuan Kenobe

How were the calculators in 1969?

Computers?

CNC milling machines?

Printed circuits?

Radar?

Radio?

TV?

Yes, we went to the moon in 1969. I am sure we went somewhere in a rocket. Did we land? No one here knows for sure. Only about 10 people probably know for sure for sure.

That's the part everyone...everyone ignores about the smart wackjob theories: They assume we went to the moon but did not land.

Then it is pretty easy to orbit...never leave the safety of the command module...broadcast your film from lunar orbit...and now the Russians, Australians...nobody knows dick. Everyone in the world thinks the USA rocks...America, Fuck Yeah!

What was that scientific proof again?

It's funny to me because if you can't at least empathise with the skeptics, you are really weak minded. If we really did go to the moon, land, drive around, play golf, and come back in one piece...in 1969...that is fucking hard core amazing shit WE AS A HUMAN RACE HAVE YET TO TOP.

We haven't figured out how to build the pyramids or the Great Sphinx yet. Still, those are there. How? Modern builders cannot explain how it could have been done. The smaller monuments of Egypt are already extreme engineering feats with modern stone tech. The largest are crazy.

I still find it almost unbelievable that we can break the speed of sound with vehicles.

If you simply accept the moon landing as true, and you were NOT watching it live on TV at an age beyond innocence...you have to be an uneducated zombie moron. And the wonders of the world are nothing but bland facts with no special significance as part of the real world you experience every day. What an awful existence it must be to be so bored and uninquisitive inside.

The hardcore reality of the world is that TRUE world history beyond 50 years ago is a mythical thing. All that remains are tales sculpted to fit the needs of those who came before us retold as absolute truths. Even the story of Israel for the last 50 years has two very different versions at least!

This was a time of great struggle for world power in the minds of the world's people. Hippies were struggling to convince the world to chill. Communism was sweeping away capitalism all over the globe and moving missiles closer every day. With our moon landing...we convinced the whole world the USA's model of how things should be done was the right one. Some scholars think this was the start of the fall of communism.

So we had some pretty big motivations for making this happen...real or faked. And the results are still felt to this day.

obi

16. Masharp81

Masharp81 Angelus Mortis JDBA Official Member

What an awful existence it must be to be so paranoid and distrusting inside :manganr: .. No need for any character attacks. Just a debate and difference of opinion. No weak mindedness or blind faith here. And while I don't empathize with most of the skeptics on this because a lot of the theories are just insane, I will empathize with you. You sound very educated and seem to have your wits about you, and your opinion seems based on a general distrust and not tinfoil hat theories.

I have looked at both sides, and when I put it all together I think that we did land on the moon.. That's all. Since I'm not one of the ten people that could speak to you with absolute truth and certainty about the subject, all I can do is look at all of the evidence and form my opinion just as you have. And I agree on a lot of your points. History is not absolute, and all of our history was brought to us by man so we know right off the bat that a lot of it is going to be fallible, distorted, and sometimes even totally false. And I agree that our gov't would have had a pretty good motive to fake it at that point in time. But it wasn't just a department of our government that was telling us that this happened. There were many civilians working for NASA with a lot of involvement with the moon missions. Unless you can believe that every single one of them is lying, then you would have to believe that our government was able to pull the wool over the eyes of a lot of people who were involved with the lunar missions.

One thing for me that makes me lean towards believing is the fact that we went multiple times. I agree that it was a tremendous feat, but just because something is difficult or unlikely doesn't mean you can say with any certainty that it did not happen. If the lunar landing(s) were a chess move orchestrated by our government to be used as a power play in our foreign policy, then I don't think we would have gone multiple times. As soon as Buzz and Niel made it there, most likely it would have been "mission accomplished." We beat the Russians there, end of story. But there were more missions following the initial landing, and there were about 10 or 12 astronauts that walked on the moon. If it was a hoax, in my mind, we would have had no need for the successive missions after the first landing. That would mean that these were hoaxes too, and it would only open up more questions and opportunities for the hoax to be exposed. If just about everybody believed that the first landing was genuine, which at that time they did, then I don't think we would have opened ourselves up to any more scrutiny with more manned missions.

Also, a lot ... strike that.. Everything that was brought to the moon by the astronauts is still there today. The flag, the vehicles, their footprints, and maybe even the golf clubs :jdwink2:. One mission on one of the landings, I forget which, was to setup a lunar laser ranging device. It can bounce a laser beam back and forth from the moon to the earth and determine the distance that the beam traveled. It is how astronomers confirmed that the moon is traveling away from the earth by about an inch per year in it's orbit. Astronomers still conduct experiments with this laser today. But I suppose you could argue that all this stuff was planted by probes, or other unmanned vehicles. And so the debate continues, and we continue to go round and round...

I could give some more examples of reasons why I PERSONALLY think it happened, but it won't change anything. There is a ton of evidence out there if you are willing to look at it. And no, I wasn't one of the astronauts so I can't say with 100% confidence that it did happen. But when I personally look at all the evidence for, hear the arguments against, and calculate the probability of pulling off a hoax of that magnitude; I still tend to believe that we been there and done that :jdwink2::devilcorn:

ded i likes this.
  17. Worker

We went multiple times into low earth orbit with the Space Shuttle and missions failed and people died. No one died landing on the moon? A far more dangerous mission with analog equipment. Besides, I still don't get how they fueled, ignited, or how they even fit the liquid rocket motor inside the LM for lift off from the moon... just a slight understanding of liquid rocket engines raises many questions about taking off from the moon.

They were bouncing a laser off the moon before the mirror.

If it was so easy we would have gone back. In fact we would have bases there just like the south pole.

I predict we will be extinct before we ever go to the moon. :unintroduced:

18. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The moon is moving closer by cm per year...if your going to be part of the cover up, at least keep the lies strait...poser!:devilfinger::bwah:

19. TPetsch

TPetsch Ice Cold Handshake

20. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr Nuclear Powered Devil

The Apollo failure rate was 1 out of 12 (RIP Grissom, White, and Chaffee). The shuttle ran 2 out of 135, about eight times better.

Unlike the Saturn V and shuttle engines, which burned hydrogen (or kerosene in the case of Saturn V first stage) and oxygen, the LEM used a hypergolic fuel. This means that the two liquids are so chemically reactive that they undergo spontaneous combustion without needing an external ignition source. Also, unlike with the H2/O2 engines, no pumps are required. All you need is a pressure source (helium gas on the LEM) and a nozzle.

Also, bear in mind that orbital velocity for the moon is about 1/4th (2 km/s vice 8 km/s) that of the Earth. Combined with lower gravity, it is much easier to boost to orbit there.

droid and ded i like this.