1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The *OFFICIAL* What is new at Bark River Knife & Tool thread

Mr.LaBella Dec 17, 2009

1. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Better late than never!

Mike, TOO MANY choices! CRAP!! :decisions

Maybe I should just flip my JD challenge coin! :ross:

2. ddraper110

ddraper110 Little member

Sheath for magnum fox river

Just purchased a magnum fox river. Like basket weeve leather. I was wondering if there is bushcraft sheath that knife would fit in. Would like to piggyback it with my mini Canadian. Or maybe kydex. Any body know.
    David

3. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

There is a good possibility if fits in one of the other sheaths fior our large knives.

Like this one for the Canadian Camp Knife.

[​IMG]

I'll have to try some of them out and let you know.

Mike

4. ddraper110

ddraper110 Little member

Magnum fox river

Ok thanks mr. Stewart. Look forward to hearing from you.
    David

5. hanomag

hanomag Little member

I just received my Boone II in stacked leather. Boy what a beauty! I don´t like fullers, and I don´t like bowies, but this one IS pretty! I also ordered the big brother Teddy II also in stacked leather.

Does somebody have a picture of the Camp/Trail, the Montana Guide II and the Gameskeeper II in comparison? These blades seem to resemble each other, where is the difference?

6. Mike Stewart

the Gameskeeper II and Montana Guide-II are the same knife. One has a guard and the other has no guard and a longer handle.

The Camp & Trail has the same handle and guard as the Gameskeeper and Gameskeeper-II but has no Choil so it has a fill length cutting edge and is made from thinner steel.

It is very different than the other two.

Mike

7. redbike

redbike Huge member

Hats off to the BRKT crew for the Scandi grind Special. Effin' beautiful knife!

8. Mike Stewart

Thank You very Much. A Daunting Project but well worth it.

I love the way these are turning out.

Mike

9. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

I need to add a couple pics.....Santa was Barkie-heavy at our house this year.

Like a 2014 Brush Knife and a Bravo EDC heavy....

I understand that there were a few logistical hoops which were cleared. Tell Skittles that the Brush Knife is fucking SCARY sharp and I love the handle texture. Someone got it exactly right on that handle.

Heather is sporting that little cut-down Pro Scalpel daily and loves it. I bet that needs a pic as well.

10. Mike Stewart

Never a problem My Friend.

We are all very happy you are pleased.

The Kids Loved the fudge you guys sent. All day on Christmas the little ones were very sneaky and thought we did not see them stealing some before dinner.

We pretended not to notice them - It was Classic.

Mike

11. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

I just ordered this Springbok from KSF. I'm sure they won't mind me posting their Youtube :D

In addition to the Blade length plus the Steel, the size and shape of the handle were the two things that really made up my mind.

[YOUTUBE]EFKwWfpo4SI[/YOUTUBE]

12. Scurvy

Scurvy 2nd Knifiest Brigade Member

I have my first Bark River coming to me tomorrow as a belated Xmas present. Very excited.

13. hanomag

hanomag Little member

14. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

when we were in Escanaba in late SEP I got to finger-fuck a pile of to that point unsullied Brkt's, among them a Springbok. You chose well.

15. hanomag

hanomag Little member

Mike, are there CAD drawings of the Moro Barong and the pig sticker?

16. hanomag

hanomag Little member

Today, I received my Aurora LTSS, Teddy II stacked leather and Canadian special LT as well as the Canadian Camp II.

I have to admit that the LTs are the better Barkies for the small knives. Lighter, good balance and over all gorgeous.

The Aurora´s handle is my favorite, I really like it.

The Teddy is one of the best knives I own. It is big, sturdy, but incredibly fast to handle and far lighter than it looks. Pretty impressive blade!

On my wishlist is a 5.5 or 6 inch Canadian special. And the Canadian special blade with the Aurora handle.

17. Mike Stewart

the Barong is the one that Jody made for m in the 1980s

This is the Original - I will convert the final drawing into CAD this coming week.

[​IMG]

This is the Pig Sticker - They are already Cut out.

[​IMG]

Mike

18. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

Both winners!

That barong will have me pulling out the credit card.

MO

19. hanomag

hanomag Little member

I have ordered a pigsticker and a bush seax and I´m pretty sure that the seax will be a magnificent blade.

Mike, do you happen to know when the Blackjack 14-8 will ship?

20. Mike Stewart

I think You will enjoy the Seax. I have been planning it for a number of years.

The 14-8 will be by the end of February.

Mike