1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The obscure movie thread

Mr.LaBella Jan 25, 2007

1. ericsgreen

ericsgreen know your enemy

I have never heard of almost every movie everyone of you posted=OBSCURE :bwah:

2. RXX

RXX Hellbilly Deluxe Brigade Member

I remember that shit! That was the best part of the whole damn movie.:wes:

3. Poolshark

Poolshark Captain America Brigade Member

Anyone see "Battle Royale"? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/

Speaking of movies. While I was watching Heroes on monday they had an ad for "300". I'm gonna get a babysitter and catch that one in the theater.

4. silenthunterstudios

silenthunterstudios The Jello Gigolo

My aunt was friends with John Waters, he grew up parallel on Harford RD from my aunt/father/uncles who were on Belair RD. She was in a few of his early movies.

I've only seen the serial killer mom movie (title?).

A History of Violence was a great movie, until he
    SPOILER WARNING

WENT TO KILL HIS BROTHER, THEN IT JUST GOT REALLY HOKEY!

(all caps for a reason)

5. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

If your aunt was in the early ones, you probably don't want to look ... :bwah:

My first roommate in college (Susan Lowe) was in all John's early movies. He was into some creepy ass shit. He'd stop by tripping and, sometimes, we wouldn't let him in the building. I saw him at an opening last year and told him I used to shine a flashlight up my nose to make him laugh .... He said "I might have to do that later tonight ... "

6. ded i

Free Movie Website - movies & documentaries with expired copyrights. Many handpicked for "Obscurity"

http://www.jonhs.net/freemovies/

7. silenthunterstudios

I checked for her name on IMDB, and didn't find it. I think they might have been his short films. She said they weren't as weird as that one drag queen eating crap, but they were still out there.

8. ded i

Divine eating dog shit was just about weirdest - I'd have to agree with her ... :yesman:

9. RXX

RXX Hellbilly Deluxe Brigade Member

Don't know if this one counts, but "Eating Raul". Saw it when I was a kid on the Movie Channel. One of those nights I unscrambled the Sat when mom and dad were asleep.:bwah:

.....and "Beach Girls". That was a good one.

10. Jilly

Jilly Reenactor Lady Devil

Cannibal the Musical!!

11. TorzJohnson

TorzJohnson Electric Gigolo

The 1994 adaptation of Robert Heinlein's "The Puppet Masters". Pretty darned good and way overlooked. Has nothing to do with those stupid killer-puppets movies.

Or how about "The Borrower". Low budget but satisfying. Premise: Alien convict exiled to earth in human form. Alien's head is not stable, explodes. Alien then commences borrowing heads from everybody he meets, and his body morphs to match the head so he becomes essentially a chameleon. One cool part is where he borrows a big dog's head.

12. Peter Lezard

Peter Lezard Hobbit of Fortune

Tonights list;
    Caveman, staring Ringo Star, and a whole bunch of other people....Not a word of english in the whole thing, and briliant for it....

Roadie, staring Meatloaf.

Breaker Moran, Boer War movie...... "We tried them, and exequted then under rule .303!"

13. Umberto

Umberto cool mother fucker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Very obscure, The Magus. From a John Fowles book, w/ Candice Bergman and Anthony Quinn. And Michael Caine, maybe.....I forget.

14. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Yep ! I like it.
    The Bad Leutenant
    Quest for Fire
    The Gods must be Crazy
    Head ( Think The Monkees on powerful hallucinogens)

15. silenthunterstudios

Suicide Kings

The Mission (great Robert de Niro movie)

Angel Heart

An American Werewolf in London

The In Laws (with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin)

16. maui4lowry

maui4lowry Zombie Eradicator Extraordinaire

Man am I glad I found this thread, and do I have a gem for all of you, you want to talk about obscure how about HOWARD THE DUCK, nothin like a duck on woman scene...HAHAHAHA

17. Boogerball

Boogerball My posse's on Broadway Brigade Member

word up on Rad, how about Thrashin?
    the GIft
    where the buffalo roam... much better than fear and loathing
    cabin fever
    heavy metal
    best in show
    spun
    easy money
    fletch
    modern problems
    CB-4
    welcome to the dollhouse
    all of larry clark's movies... kids, bully, ken park
    all of wes anderson's movies... bottlerocket, royal tennenbaums, rushmore
    all of mel brooks movies... history of the world, robin hood:men in tights
    all of kevin smiths movies... mallrats clerks vulgar
    GUMMO
    run ronnie run
    slacker
    over the edge w/Matt Dillon
    naked lunch
    trainspotting
    GUMMO
    GUMMO
    GUMMO

18. G3

G3 Brigade Member Brigade Member

You are the only one. :bwah: Just kidding but seriously, it may have been a bit more accurate to the text but wasn't anywhere as funny or interesting IMHO as Fear and Loathing was. Here's some of my favorite quotes and they sometimes remind me of certain people.

Raoul Duke: You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye. (Me?:bwah: )

Raoul Duke: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. (Tubtar? :bwah:)

Raoul Duke: [commenting on the song "One Toke Over the Line" playing on the radio] One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. (Ericsgreen?:bwah: )

Dr. Gonzo: You drive. You drive. I think there's something wrong with me. (Cutty? :bwah: )

Raoul Duke: You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands. (Marie?:bwah: )

Dr. Gonzo: I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the fear. (DJ? :bwah: )

Raoul Duke: Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Has it been five years? Six? It seems like a lifetime, the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. But no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant.
    Raoul Duke: There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.
    Raoul Duke: And that, I think, was the handle - -that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back. (XRay? :bwah: )

Raoul Duke: With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. (TinySD?:bwah: )

Raoul Duke: Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you are about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's. (Ron? :bwah: )

Raoul Duke: How long could we maintain? I wondered. How long until one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family; will he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car? If so, well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere, 'cause it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency and they'll run us down like dogs. Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me? (Kalooch? :bwah: )

:thefinger Just messing with ya guys, although some of these came to mind rather easily.:thefinger

ded i likes this.
  19. The General

The General The Devil's General Brigade Member

20. Dr Mabuse

Dr Mabuse Set your motherfucker to "receive"

roger corman's The Trip' written by jack nicholson, peter fonda , bruce dern, dennis hopper...

that 'zombie' scene is weird, wild, stuff....