1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The obscure movie thread

Mr.LaBella Jan 25, 2007

1. the dude

the dude this aggression will not stand man

saw it in the theaters ,
    fuck im gettin old

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
    22MEANTXGUNS22 likes this.
  2. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

movies are not obscure just because you don't know about any movies.

3. the dude

the dude this aggression will not stand man

the ultimate warrior
    yul brenner
    max von sidow
    good knife movie, falcon eddie lassos yul's hand,
    yul hacks it off like a boss:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
  4. misfit

misfit Somebody check my brain

5. BaByGoTtHeRuNz

BaByGoTtHeRuNz Enormous member

I watched The Killer Inside Me a couple of months ago and you couldn't be more right about it sticking with you. Excellent movie. If you like that one give The Paperboy (2012) a look. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1496422/?ref_=sr_1

6. 22MEANTXGUNS22

22MEANTXGUNS22 Huge member

LMAO ! Just got done watching "Heaven Help Us" With Andrew McCarthy and Donald Sutherland. Hilarious little family movie with plenty of familiar faces. I had almost all but forgotten about this movie but my sister had brought it up. Had it for almost a year before finally getting to see it (this is the case with ALOT of the movies I currently own).

7. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

" Madison " is a sweet little movie about small town values and pride with old school unlimited hydroplane racing thrown in for good measure.
    Based on a true story and a pretty good way to spend a couple hours or so.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206113/

With the exception of Bruce Dern , the rest of the cast are not household names , but well acted and beautifully filmed ......except for the special effects are not all that special. But I enjoyed this one a lot.

8. BaByGoTtHeRuNz

Not many people (that I talk to anyway) have seen a western called Seraphim Falls. Which is odd because it has some pretty well known faces in it, namely Liam Neeson and Pierce Brosnan.

If you like westerns and bad ass bowie knives check this one out!:chuck:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479537/?ref_=sr_3

9. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

A simple and charming little movie...
    (filmed in Morris County, NJ, not far from Picatinny Arsenal)

[YOUTUBE]IWQriJ_Nebs[/YOUTUBE]

10. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

i did see House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects
    after recommendations in this topic

very nice...
    captain Spaulding for president :madaddy: :unintroduced:

11. tubtar

I really enjoyed this one.
    While we are in the neighborhood and on the subject , Tree's Lounge with Steve Buscemi is a quirky , yet good flick.

12. 22MEANTXGUNS22

Just saw "Sidekicks", a lesser known Chuck Norris classic with the chick from the "Wonder Years" show. Surprised Chuck Norris hasn't roundhouse kicked anyone for not releasing it on DVD yet :bwah:. You can watch the complete movie on Youtube though.

[video=youtube;VIzKHUpqigk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIzKHUpqigk[/video]

13. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

It is not lesser known, but it is certainly awful.

14. 22MEANTXGUNS22

HA ! I know man, it isn't all action packed as Chuck's earlier stuff, but it was my first Chuck Norris movie, my grandparents wouldn't allow me to watch his earlier stuff but they were cool with this movie because it is kind of kid friendly and my Grandma loved the Wonder Years so she was all excited about Winnie Cooper being in it, lol. After this movie came out on cable she just became cool and would rent Chuck Norris movies for me and my sis when my Grandpa was at work :manganr:. Sorry, with me it's not so much the content of the movies as much as the memories that come with it and that happens to be why I got such a kick out of seeing this movie, hehe. To each their own though..........

15. waterdogs

Frank Zappa`s "200 Motels"....a story of Life On The Road for a Rock & Roll band.
    Great music, bizarre sets, the entire Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, and the late great Keith Moon playing a perpetually horny nun (!)

16. waterdogs

"Miami Blues" gives us Alec Baldwin at his sociopathic best, totally devoid of morals....(probably not much of a stretch for him....)

Fred Ward as The Cop, and Jennifer Jason Leigh as the naïve hooker-with-a-heart-of-gold provide good supporting roles....

If you like Elmore Leonard flicks, you`ll like this one....

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]7HqDd4_HZ1I[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  17. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Just saw "Smoke" again the other night. What a nice little film with some of the best actors of our time.

18. tubtar

The Guard

Brendan Gleeson and Don Cheadle are rock solid , and as much as I admire Don Cheadle's work , Mr. Gleeson steals this one for me.
    Very funny movie with crime caper drama , touching personal moments and a bit-o-the mystery thrown in for good measure.
    I really enjoyed this one.

19. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

Also featuring George Duke, who sadly died on the 5th. Although known as a keyboardist, when he first joined the Mothers he was often playing trombone because Ian Underwood already played the keys.

[video=youtube;-eN-ScHMdC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eN-ScHMdC0[/video]

20. BaByGoTtHeRuNz

Just watched one called The Revenant (2009)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1336006/?ref_=sr_1

It's a horror comedy that provides a fresh take on the zombie/undead genre. I didn't expect much when I first heard about it but after watching it I can say I was surprised by how well it was done and how much I liked it.

If you enjoy movies like Shaun of the Dead or Tucker and Dale vs. Evil you should check this one out.