1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The obscure movie thread

Mr.LaBella Jan 25, 2007

1. the dude

the dude this aggression will not stand man

+1 great movie
    any one see "bronson"?
    kick ass, wonder if the producers gave hardy the 'roids
    went from skinny to bane in 1 movie

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
  2. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Looks like we had the same channel on...:manganr:

Anyone a fan of Once Upon A Time In America?

3. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Great flick.......gritty , well shot and acted. Stellar cast.
    I give it :thumbsup:

4. BaByGoTtHeRuNz

BaByGoTtHeRuNz Enormous member

5. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

thought i would add a few.Scarecrows directed by william wesley,and for any christopher lambert fans Resurrection and The Hunted. all three are excellent!

6. cja245

cja245 Level: True Devil

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
  7. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

13 Assassins...not a really "obscure" movie but one that not enough people have seen. It's not a typical Tekeshi Miike film...lot's of blood but not "disturbing" like his other ones.

DO NOT WATCH HIS MOVIE "AUDITION". I repeat...DO NOT.

8. cja245

cja245 Level: True Devil

9. krhen

krhen Huge member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
  10. BaByGoTtHeRuNz

I liked that one too, didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised.

Another good one is Link (1986) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091415/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

"Student Jane jobs as an assistant for the animal researcher Phillip in a lonesome old house. They live alone except for the chimpanzees and butler Link: a 45 years old very intelligent orangutan. Phillip wants to put Link to death. However before he can do this he's vanished tracelessly one morning. Link starts behaving more and more aggressive and prohibits Jane from using the phone or reaching the next village. When she punishes him by locking him out, he becomes violent."

11. GlockNRolla

GlockNRolla Intergalactic Booty Hunter

Not so much obscure...

as foreign, so maybe lesser known. It's good, but "long winded" and gets boring at times.

When the Last Sword Is Drawn

The film tells the story of two Shinsengumi samurai. One of them is Saitō Hajime (played by Kōichi Satō), a heartless killer and the other is Yoshimura Kanichiro (played by Kiichi Nakai), who appears to be a money-grubbing and emotional swordsman from the northern area known as Nambu Morioka. The main storyline is set during the fall of the Tokugawa shogunate, but it is told in a series of flashbacks as two characters reminisce. The themes include conflicting loyalty to the clan, lord, and family.

More than just a story of swordplay, it is the story of a man willing to do anything for the good of his family, even if it means never being able to see them.

12. LX_Emergency

LX_Emergency Huge member

13. BaByGoTtHeRuNz

The Man From Nowhere (2010) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1527788/?ref_=sr_3

"A quiet pawnshop keeper with a violent past takes on a drug- and organ trafficking ring in hope of saving the child who is his only friend."

It's Korean, so if you don't mind subtitles I'd definitely check this one out, especially if you like crazy awesome fight scenes/knife fights.

14. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

I have seen most of his work. iirc, Visitor Q was worse then audition in the fucked uppedness realm. He also just remade Seppuku, must be on a samurai remake kick. Both are on netflix

I would write more, but I am sick of typing on this tablet

15. Richard S.

Richard S. Average member

How about a 1980s horror flick directed my Michael Mann called "The Keep"?..it's a tale of WWII Romania where a company of German SS troops occupy an ancient castle in the mountains..

16. 22MEANTXGUNS22

22MEANTXGUNS22 Huge member

The Principal with James Belushi, Louis Gossett Jr, Esai Morales, Jacob Vargas and Rae Dawn Chong. Despite quite a few celebs being in that one, not alot of people know it. It is pretty much a dated movie though, half of Belushi's actions, no matter how justified in the movie, would not be tolerated in a real school (he even made a comment to one of his students about wearing a bra to class next time, something that nowadays would land a guy in prison and labeled a sex offender for life). And half the stuff that the bad kids did would have gotten them thrown in jail before it even got to the point it did. I remember it was always on TNT when I was little so I never got the see the unedited version until maybe about 3 or 4 years ago and I gotta say, it's typical 80's cheese, but there's something about Belushi's performance that just makes it one of my all time favorites ! He's The Principal man ! :manganr:

17. krhen

krhen Huge member

18. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

19. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

Super was good. Completely overshadowed by Kick-Ass, but that's not surprising considering it was a low-budget indie film. Definitely what one would call a "dark comedy".

20. nocheese4u

nocheese4u Notch'yo' cheese! JDBA Official Member

Bad Boy Bubby!!! When I rented this years ago it had some comments written on it by the staff. My favorite comment was, "This movie is kind of like throwing up, disgusting at first but you feel great when it is all over! All problems in life can be solved with saran wrap, love, and giant hooters!!
    [video=youtube;YXZ4u2ZVWOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXZ4u2ZVWOc[/video]