1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The obscure movie thread

Mr.LaBella Jan 25, 2007

1. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

I am honored, Sir ! :-)

2. waterdogs

Another one from The Vault:

Brian DePalma`s 1976 film, "Obsession", starring Cliff Robertson, Genevieve Bujold, and John Lithgow.
    Robertson is a New Orleans businessman whose wife and young daughter are killed in a bungled kidnap attempt....he is grief-stricken, and obsessed with their deaths.
    Fast-forward 15 years....by chance, he meets a young woman who is the spitting image of his dead wife. They date for awhile, and marry. On their wedding night, it`s "Deja Vu all over again", when his new wife is kidnapped, and the identical ransom note from 15 years ago is found....

Hitchcock fans will love this one.

3. firepowerfox

firepowerfox Foxy Devil Lady Devil

Dirty Little Billy about the early days of Billy the Kid. Has a cool knife fight between 2 whores and one cuts the others ear off. Has Michael J. Pollard in it. I always thought he kinda looked like Dopey on acid. Also the movie Exposure was good.

4. Ken Brock

Ken Brock Who's Awesome? Super Moderator

there was a movie that starred Don Johnson and it was about WWI and how the Army was going to kill all of it's cavalry horses so Johnson took them north to Canada

I don't remember the name of the movie but it was actually pretty decent

edited to add: I found the name of the movie on IMDB. It was "In Pursuit of Honor"

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2010
  5. hangtime

hangtime eccentric orbit

and from the animated dept. . . .

Twice Upon a Time. Produced by George Lucas and maybe the only one listed here you could actually watch with your kids or grandkids. Hard to find but worth the effort IMHO. Sound track by Michael McDonald and Bruce Hornsby.

6. waterdogs

Maybe not quite "obscure", but, I think, "underappreciated" is:

"Second-Hand Lions"....Haley Joel Osmont is a 12-year-old who has his horizons broadened while spending a summer with his two eccentric, crotchety bachelor uncles (Robert Duvall and Michael Caine) on their ranch in early `60s Texas. Absolutely charming, appropriate for all ages....

7. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

That is a fantastic movie!!

8. waterdogs

9. Bobert

Bobert Look what I can do!

That was a great movie!

10. waterdogs

"8 Heads In A Dufflebag"....Joe Pesci pulling off some seriously funny shit....

11. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

12. englishmark

englishmark Wicked Gardener

A couple of months ago I watched " Oh brother where art though" with George Clooney and other people who's name I'll never remember.
    I don't know if it counts as obscure but it's one of those movies I watched because nothing else was on, any other time I wouldn't of bothered but I was suprised at how good a movie I thought it was.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190590/

SugarSkull likes this.
  13. ster91b

ster91b Paloozster! Brigade Member

Moon over Parador

Richard Dreyfus plays a actor who has to become a Dictator.

American Dad had a episode like it a couple months back.

14. blueo8

blueo8 Average member

The Forbidden Zone

It stars Herve Villachez and the band members of Oingo Boingo. It is B movie grade, and is quite silly, but the scene and song with Danny Elfman playing the devil is awesome.
    It's not for everyone, but I couldn't stop watching it once it started.

15. waterdogs

Best watched while stoned and/or drinking heavily....off the wall, fer sure....

16. waterdogs

"Be Cool" may not quite rate as "obscure", but it sure was downplayed for having such a stellar cast... John Travolta, (reunited with) Uma Thurman, James Woods, Danny Devito, Harvey Keitel, Vince Vaughn, Robert Pastorelli, The Rock, Cedric The Entertainer, Andre` Benjamin, and Aerosmith`s Steven Tyler....

17. The Coach

The Coach The Angry American

Holy crap, I am an alien........I knew it!!!!!! :demented:

Citizen X, I caught it the other night. It's about a Russian serial killer back in the 80's.

18. 2fulhundin

2fulhundin Official Retard

[YOUTUBE]6-wqmnJrOFM[/YOUTUBE]

19. drummerboy183

drummerboy183 Huge member

Every time I see this one I notice something that I missed before. Fantastic movie, among the best from the Cohen brothers imho.

20. jrmy0641

jrmy0641 Huge member