1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The New Reality

longbow Mar 14, 2020

1. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

So with the Covid 19 pandemic arising I figured I'd give a few thoughts here. First is something I never thought I'd experience in the good ol'USA is bare supermarket shelves. I shop at Wegmans here in Roch of which there are more than a few stores. Shelves are bare of most staples. Wegmans set new hours as of yesterday. The 24hr store is no more for the foresable future. They are now closed from midnight to 0600 so they can restock shelves. Here's the deal on that, I don't sleep much and for the past long years I get about 3-4 hrs of sleep so I figure these hours are perfect for me. So I arrive at 0630 and the fucking parking lot is FULL of cars. Shelves are pretty devoid of stuff and I am watching folks just load there carts with about anything and everything.

Now the check out line was completely wound around the back of the store. The line started at the cheese section. I figure there were about 150 people in line to check out. There was no meat to speak of, no shit tickets, soap of any kind was limited, no hand sanitizer etc etc. I had gone this a.m. to get bananas' just cause I like peanut butter and banana toast for breakfast with a protein drink. Thankfully no arguments etc that I observed today but went yesterday to do regular shopping and witnessed a couple of ladies arguing.

What I felt bad for really were the old folks. You could see the concern on there faces like they didn't want to be there and not just due to the hassle of the long line.

Anyways this is a no bullshit situation. I frankly am bummed that being the greatest country in the world and the bread basket so to speak of the world that it would come to this. I also can't believe that we as a country aren't better prepared for this situation. What we don't need is someone telling us half truths etc.etc. and just plain false information about what is going on. Now all this being said I have taken steps for myself and my family a few yrs ago to be a bit better prepared and am thankful now I did so even at the criticizing I took from my wife, saying I was cotastrafizing. So my good folks I say tary not for the time is now and sally forth well armed. Stay polite and stay tactical. keepem sharp

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Flip Tripper and apdallaround like this.
  2. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab Pakal I JDBA Official Member

It could get pretty crazy.

It’s always good to be prepared no matter if they are blowing it out of proportion or not.

To soon to tell anything.

I hope that with certain large functions closing down and the other steps they are taking it will drastically help.

Flip Tripper and Rocco like this.