1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The New Reality

longbow Mar 14, 2020

1. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

So with the Covid 19 pandemic arising I figured I'd give a few thoughts here. First is something I never thought I'd experience in the good ol'USA is bare supermarket shelves. I shop at Wegmans here in Roch of which there are more than a few stores. Shelves are bare of most staples. Wegmans set new hours as of yesterday. The 24hr store is no more for the foresable future. They are now closed from midnight to 0600 so they can restock shelves. Here's the deal on that, I don't sleep much and for the past long years I get about 3-4 hrs of sleep so I figure these hours are perfect for me. So I arrive at 0630 and the fucking parking lot is FULL of cars. Shelves are pretty devoid of stuff and I am watching folks just load there carts with about anything and everything.

Now the check out line was completely wound around the back of the store. The line started at the cheese section. I figure there were about 150 people in line to check out. There was no meat to speak of, no shit tickets, soap of any kind was limited, no hand sanitizer etc etc. I had gone this a.m. to get bananas' just cause I like peanut butter and banana toast for breakfast with a protein drink. Thankfully no arguments etc that I observed today but went yesterday to do regular shopping and witnessed a couple of ladies arguing.

What I felt bad for really were the old folks. You could see the concern on there faces like they didn't want to be there and not just due to the hassle of the long line.

Anyways this is a no bullshit situation. I frankly am bummed that being the greatest country in the world and the bread basket so to speak of the world that it would come to this. I also can't believe that we as a country aren't better prepared for this situation. What we don't need is someone telling us half truths etc.etc. and just plain false information about what is going on. Now all this being said I have taken steps for myself and my family a few yrs ago to be a bit better prepared and am thankful now I did so even at the criticizing I took from my wife, saying I was cotastrafizing. So my good folks I say tary not for the time is now and sally forth well armed. Stay polite and stay tactical. keepem sharp

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  2. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

It could get pretty crazy.

It’s always good to be prepared no matter if they are blowing it out of proportion or not.

To soon to tell anything.

I hope that with certain large functions closing down and the other steps they are taking it will drastically help.

Flip Tripper and Rocco like this.
  3. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I wish we could get political here because i done my research and pretty sure whats going on heres something to think about Please read
    93007503_3028839800472201_729624659082870784_o (1).jpg

4. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

I have no idea what the above post has to do with Covid19 and the new reality. But I do worry with all the subsidized benefits especially here in NYS as per UE that when the gov't stops it, it just might create some problems. My 2 sons are getting it and with the UE they get plus the subsidy it is the most they have ever made. They both have good jobs too. They will go back to them though when everything opens up again. Stay safe my brothers and sisters of the JD and the WORLD!

5. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Sorry, but if you don't get the relevance of that article to today's situation then the last paragraph may be talking about you.

begreen61 likes this.
  6. begreen61

everything in the article is happening with this lock down ,,, laws are being past destroying are 2 amendment ,,it is also making us depend on gov't checks ,,most all the the medical buildings are shut down I can't see a Dr' in NY with out going to the emergency rooms ,,food shortages have started in NY too,,I feel there trying to control us ,,now are asshole Gov. asking neighbors to snitch on each other . Not good in NY ,,and I hear its happening in other states

chutcher likes this.
  7. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Most of the points have been slowing happening over many years. They are using the virus as an excuse to kick their plan into high gear.

What has been really killing me is there have been so many people over the last few years that have finally started to realize how much the MSM has been lying - how much of a propaganda machine it actually is. Suddenly, once this virus hit almost all these people started believing everything being fed to them by the MSM and they fell right in line.

I've been screaming at the top of my lungs since this all began that you should not trust the MSM nor many of these elected officials, but most have thought I am completely crazy. Finally, over the last week or so I have started to see some people that seem to be coming around. Hopefully more do before it is too late, if it is not already too late.

begreen61 likes this.
  8. begreen61

The 2020 anthem..................

chutcher likes this.
  9. xW3ND1GOx

xW3ND1GOx Little Member

Coming from GA, we got Gov. Shotgun Goofball down here opening up. Won't get deep into the politics side, but I'm hoping the majority of my fellow Atlantians realize it's to soon to go bowling lol.

I'm personally been lucky enough to be In the food service industry and maintained employment and salary. I feel for those struggling.

Wish any dev's out there the best of luck. Better safe than sorry, just take precautions when you can.