1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

"The Mississippi" Bowie

J. Neilson Feb 18, 2010

1. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

I just finished this one at the request of one of our knife/sheath-making compadres. I love this whole etched, forge finished, wrought iron and stag thing... one of my very favorite styles...

[​IMG]

This Bowie is forged from multi-quenched W2 steel with acid soaked/forged flats and an etched hamon. The blade itself is 7 1/2" long. The fullered oval guard is wrought iron as is the pommel, filed to match the stag. The handle is Sambar Stag, with black spacers on each end, and a spacer behind the guard of mosaic damascus. The overall length of this piece is 12 1/2" and the knife comes with a tooled leather blade sheath, of course.

SugarSkull likes this.
  2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Looking good young man :madaddy:

3. RoyalM

RoyalM Commando Devil Super Moderator Brigade Member

Great looking blade mate, any knifeman would be proud to own that.

4. SugarSkull

SugarSkull Ring Of Bone

One of the most outstanding knives I've ever laid eyes upon.

Excellent work Sir.

5. thebladerunr

thebladerunr Average member

That thing is SCHWEET !

6. Lrshot

Lrshot Patriotic Devil

First of all, you simply MUST stop turning out all of these lovelies or some people will be destitute !

Secondly, do you have to qualify to actually own a "Mississippi Bowie" ? :madaddy:

I'm digging in my pockets already .....

Oh, I nearly forgot J, Tremendous work on this knife. BZ !

7. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks guys!

Nah, I made this one for a fellow in ole' Miss and just figured it want well with it.
    :devil1:

8. John M Cohea

John M Cohea Little member

Fantastic J!! I'm the lucky dog that's getting this one:devil1:, and I can't wait to get my hands on it! I've had this one set as my screen saver since I got the pic from you J. Maybe that will hold me over till Paul gets it to me!!

9. jawilliams0425

jawilliams0425 knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

A work of art J. Beautiful blade.

10. lovemoney

lovemoney Huge member

i love it,it has a very classic look to it.great job!

11. Iceman

Iceman GI-NORMOUS member

Awesome as always. :thumbsup:

You love that fullered oval guard don't you!!!!

The blade is killer.