1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The Matrix Resurrections

ded i Sep 9, 2021

1. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

'The Matrix Resurrection'

Didn't we used to post good film trailers ... ?

This one seems like a good watch

2. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

Been waiting for this one for a while now, better be good lol.

begreen61 and ded i like this.
  3. ded i

Oops, resurrection is plural: 'The Matrix Resurrections' duh

:groupdance:

begreen61 and snache like this.
  4. woodlander

woodlander Brigade Member Brigade Member

I am eager to see it.

ded i, begreen61 and snache like this.
  5. snache

I didn't notice that, you could have fixed it and saved the fall from the pedestal I had you on.
    :domo:

ded i and begreen61 like this.
  6. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

It's hard to believe it has been 22 years since the first Matrix.

seandavid55, P-hilC, ded i and 2 others like this.
  7. ded i

Oops! :pancake:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    snache likes this.
  8. P-hilC

P-hilC Little Member

I love the Matrix movies. I hope this one measures up.

9. chutcher

Initial reviews are not looking too good for this one. Actually, most I have read say it is a horrible film. Oh well, what else should you expect from today's woke Hollywood machine?

10. snache

You are correct about that,damn, was really looking forward to it too. They almost always make the trailers look good and then........ I will give it a try but don't hold much hope out. I seem to be buying less and less new movies nowadays. But it is to be expected, this is not my generation anymore. I have collected between 600-700 DVD's( regular, Bluray, and 4K) so I am good to go. I actually like to read also and have noticed the new books coming out are changing with the times for many authors(yes I am collecting good used ones too).

begreen61 and chutcher like this.
  11. ded i

I watched this but it took two attempts. The Art and Effects were fabulous, really sweet, but the dialog and story line was so convoluted it took almost too much brain power to follow and became boring. 2 1/2 hours. I mean I still can't explain it to you ...
    :komodo:
    but I enjoyed the depictions of data, bots, and transitional personalities and all the Fu
    :lordrayden:

markandrex, chutcher and snache like this.
  12. chutcher

I went in with low expectations and made it through the first hour and a half last night before I fell asleep. I actually quite enjoyed what I have seen so far. So far I think it is better than 2 & 3. Not quite sure what everyone is complaining about. Yeah, there are some cringe characters and dialog, but that seems intentional. Also, I haven't seen too much "wokeness" which I was expecting. I haven't had any trouble following the story line. It is different and took a little time to get into the groove with but overall I actually fine it interesting. I will try to finish it sometime today and provide an update.

ded i, snache and begreen61 like this.
  13. snache

Low expectations too, that always helps with me. No problem finishing it, I kinda liked it. The lousy sequels I have seen lately along with the excruciating additional seasons for some shows I watch has also helped. Definitely not my favorite but I will pick it up in 4K along with the others when available. I am a movieaholic and with some pretty slim offerings due to Covid and most just not my cup of tea(yes I am old)I have lowered my expectations quite a bit. Luckily I have a few to rewatch.

4k.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    Samb, chutcher and seandavid55 like this.
  14. chutcher

Still haven't had a chance to finish it but hope to in the next couple of days. One thing that is a rarity these days is a good western. I just watched one, Old Henry, that I really liked. I highly recommend it.

begreen61, snache and ded i like this.
  15. snache

I remember growing up they would cycle through westerns, doctor, cop, and sci-fi mostly. Pretty tough nowadays if you are an older male. I can only imagine how new cop shows would be. I saw the Henry but wasn't sure, I will try it soon, thanks.

chutcher likes this.
  16. chutcher

Finally finished it. So much better than I thought it would be. Better than 2 & 3. I would never believe they would make such a good sequel in such a "woke" culture that we have today. e.g. the latest Star Wars. Sure, there were some "woke" themes but there was nowhere near enough to make me sick to the stomach as so many movies that they produce these days. Maybe that is why it is getting such bad reviews. It ain't "woke" enough. It was a good movie. I now have faith in the future of the Matrix.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    ded i and snache like this.
  17. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I enjoyed it. I like the first portion of it the most. The rest of it seemed like a lot of some of the old versions. Felt a bit cheesy when they had another rooftop helicopter/machine-gun scene.

18. chutcher

I heard the “woke” writers were concerned about how the “right-wing” hijacked the term “red pilled” and that needed to be changed. You can see in the first appearance of red/blue pill they said it doesn't actually matter which you choose because the decision has already been made. However, they failed at changing the meaning because throughout the rest of the film it was clear if you took the blue pill you accepted ignorance and if you took the red pill you accepted truth

snache, begreen61 and seandavid55 like this.
  19. chutcher

I kind of thought like that as well with other scenes at first.. Then I thought it is been over 20 years since the original and there are probably a lot that have never seen the Matrix, so maybe it would give some context to them.. Damn, I still cannot believe it has been that long since the original. That is why I did not take away points for that. I felt the core story was actually pretty good.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    snache, begreen61 and seandavid55 like this.
  20. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I liked the core story as well. Just wish a few of the scenes had been done differently.

20 years......damn!!!

snache, begreen61 and chutcher like this.