1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The legend returns: Introducing the Carbon Basilisk-R, coming in 2016

twirl Nov 20, 2015

1. Jonre

Jonre JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

you're going to give one of these guys a heart attack one day :manganr:

and @coldsteel30: it's not like you're jumping into the game at a bad time but if there's one key thing to keep in mind it's that product moves fast, which is a good thing. it's abundant enough while it's around but the good shit goes after a while.

It's good that Bali's go this quick. It means more money for the guys putting these things out there and a brighter future for the growth of this hobby/habit/lifestyle.

Edit: lets hear from the rest of y'all :devilfinger: it's a good day so lets get some more conversation in here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2016
  2. coldsteel30

coldsteel30 Little member

Atlanta BLADE

On another note, I went to the Blade show in Atlanta this year, for the first time. I have to say that I was extremely UNDERWHELMED with the balisong presence. I went with full intention of buying some kick ass balisongs, and I took plenty of wallet. But there was almost NOTHING there, except the Microtech T3 TRAINERs. And although my 9 year old was flipping the shit out of it, I didn't really want to buy him a $650 trainer. But seriously. Where were the balisongs? I was half hoping that the great Jerry Hom would show up with a few basilisks to dump. Nope. Microtech didn't even have anything with a blade on it.

There were tons of guys flipping there. Just nothing to buy. WHY NOT?

3. Jonre

like I said before, guy. shit moves fast. it's a great hobby but you've gotta understand you're talking about a VERY niche product within another niche group of products. You might see only a few new production level products over an entire year.

the hobby is growing for sure but it still has alot of growing to do before you start seeing things like that.

4. DarklightY2K

DarklightY2K Huge member

From what I've heard blade show is a great opportunity to talk to custom makers and get a Bali made for you, just not a lot sitting out to buy

5. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Welcome to balisongs.

6. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

I'm sorry you were disappointed. I noticed that the East Coast shows were very hostile towards balisong enthusiasts and makers.

The most disappointing was that hardly any flippers showed up, so that goes both ways.

I wanted to go to Blade this year but could not due to a conflict with a Miami trip.

Since my designs only include balisongs, it would be tough to get a table that I would have to tend the whole time instead of spending time with the flipping crew, which is what I would prefer. And that means selling is not allowed. Hope you understand.

7. Jonre

It's laughably difficult to change public opinion unfortunately. Didn't know the bali crowd was getting bad treatment at the east shows though. you'd think if there's any place it'd be welcome it would be at a place like that.

8. No Quarter

No Quarter Little member

the final moments before it comes out... good luck everyone! :manganr::manganr::manganr:

9. vv10

vv10 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

1 minute till go time

10. DarklightY2K

DarklightY2K Huge member

She gone

11. No Quarter

No Quarter Little member

just bought it, i wonder how long their stock will last :D

12. oregonian

oregonian Huge member

Boom! Got one!

13. a.makan

a.makan Huge member

holding my breath but got mine :thumbsup:
    let the madness begin :devilcorn:

14. genetik_defekt

genetik_defekt Little member

We're live people. Hope my contact is on this

15. WalkingTree

WalkingTree JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Got mine :devilwag:

And I think that was Jerry's first real foray into quantity balisong making,but I could be wrong. The entire run of those was much, much smaller that what will be available for this knife.

16. JAKMAN32

JAKMAN32 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

that was quick :bwah:

17. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Wow - instant sell out!

But I'm in! :manganr:

18. Jonre

got beat to it. oh well :bwah:

19. Foreman

Foreman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Wow that was fast, got mine though. :devilzeek

20. hannam72

hannam72 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

wow, I wonder how many there were? They were gone right after I got mine in and I was done in 60 seconds