1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The Knives of Carigara, Philippines

averageiowaguy Nov 28, 2013

1. averageiowaguy

averageiowaguy Little member

I just got back from the Philippines. I was there with Team Rubicon to provide medical relief after Typhoon Yolanda. One of the things I did was set up a little field hospital in Carigara, which is about 20 miles as the crow flies from Tacloban. There were lots of aid organizations in Tacloban, but very few left the area to help out in the rural areas.

While I was in Carigara I found their local knife industry. It is quite interesting. I bought a whole bunch of knives to bring back and I also filmed the process of them being made.

[video=youtube;vqQBf00lBjg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqQBf00lBjg[/video]

2. Winter

Winter Rampaging Sausage Knife Maker or Craftsman

Awesome. $20 a piece is a screaming deal.

Any way we can get some better pics of the pieces you brought home?

3. nocheese4u

nocheese4u Notch'yo' cheese! JDBA Official Member

That was great of you to volunteer for relief in the Phillipines. I watched your videos day 4 and day 4.5. I am glad you got a little free time. Those are great looking knives also! I can't wait to see pictures!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2013