1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The Hockey Thread the 2010-11 Edition

Markous Sep 23, 2010

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

2. Z'ha'dum

Z'ha'dum Shadow

No suspension for Burrows following bite. Mike Murphy said he can find no conclusive evidence that Burrows intentionally bit Bergeron's finger.

3. P. McKinley

P. McKinley knifemaker formerly known as "Dacks" Knife Maker or Craftsman

My head really hurts............

4. P. McKinley

P. McKinley knifemaker formerly known as "Dacks" Knife Maker or Craftsman

Pfewwwwwfh.... that was a close one last night. :devil1::devil1::devil1:

5. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

The Burrows incident deserved a game in my mind simply because it is a precedent you don't want set.
    That being said , Bergeron gave him the absolute worst stink palm I have ever seen.
    I wouldn't want my hockey gloves in my mouth........I'm betting his are no better.:devil1:
    I had to listen to last nights game........starting about mid second period because they had the levels for the broadcast so fucked up that all you could hear was the crowd for the entire first period.
    I saw the hit this morning on espn and then listened to home ice for the results of the disciplinary hearing.
    If the league is serious about ending blind side and head shots , then they didn't have much choice here.
    My Canuck hating side thought it was deserved and my rational " for the good of the game " side agreed.
    But..............if the Nucks win the cup , the victory will take on an entirely different dynamic for Rome.
    Not being on the ice with your team mates would suck ..........if you were out because of an injury would be one thing.
    But a suspension for a cheap shot would tarnish the ring before it hit your finger.
    Too bad really.
    In my heyday , I was very physical. Mostly to offset a lack of other skills.
    And I love the physical aspects of the game.
    I believe him when he says he wasn't trying to deliberately injure Horton , but he was certainly trying to send a message and it just went wrong.
    Game 4 will be HUGE.
    No , make that HUGE

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
  6. Bobert

Bobert Look what I can do!

It was funny watching guys offer Burrows their fingers throughout the game last night! I'm glad he didn't get suspended, though. He didn't instigate the incident, and it was through the glove. I'm not saying I'm in favor of biting, but I've never been a fan of the face wash, either. In the end, it wasn't much, and I want to see them play.

However, I totally agree with suspending Rome. Yeah, he might not have meant to send Horton to the hospital, but he meant to clock him and send him to the locker room. And it was a late hit, on top of it all.

Fuck Rome, Horton is out for the rest of the year, Rome should be too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
  7. Bobert

Bobert Look what I can do!

It was a great fight Ma, but we lost!

Another close one, but Vancouver looked like they wanted it more. They stepped up their physical game, big time. Lots of good hard hitting in this one, and I like that.

I wish the league would put one more day in between games where the teams have to travel. They're going all the way across the country, it's the longest distance any teams have ever had to travel in the Stanley Cup finals. I think it's bullshit that there's only one day off between games, and that day is their travel day.

I don't believe there's an advantage for either team, as they both have to travel, but I'd much rather see them a little more rested for the games in the finals. This late in the year, everyone is hurting, and I think an extra day off would make for better hockey.

8. RNST

I agree, three days between games would probably put better games on the ice. BUT Gary Bettman doesn't want to compete with the NBA finals. So it is what it is.

Huge win tonight after the dismal two games in Boston. I had to suffer the Massholes at a conference in Baltimore and listen to them burn me on every one of the twelve goals scored.

Luongo redeemed himself tonight. I have a feeling if the one off the crossbar had gone in, it would have been the beginning of another meltdown.

9. coyotebc

coyotebc Huge member

I think you are really exaggerating how bad the Burrows bite was

[​IMG]

tubtar likes this.
  10. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

This whole work thing is killing any chances of watching a game.:cry:
    Actually , I could have stopped early and gotten a room.
    But as I told Judy , I was afraid to watch.
    I don't have a sure fire method that will insure a win.
    I have listened to the first and watched the second and third for a win.............I have watched the entire game after the fact via TVR for the win..........I have watched the entire game for the win............I have listened to the entire game for the win.
    And I have done most of these techniques for a loss as well.
    I have been driving myself nuts trying to get some kind of mojo working for the teams I wanted to win and not had much success.
    But Wednesday night is going to be one hell of a game.
    Thomas for MVP no matter what the outcome , but I do think the Nucks have to be concerned.
    The fucked up thing about streaks is that they are going to end.
    They are certainly capable of winning the game , and home ice has been their friend for sure.
    But they , as all players of all games , know that the train ride has a terminus and all streaks eventually end.
    Just one more gram added to the tremendous burden that the pressure of being in this position lays on a guy.
    Da Broonce ( Northern Minnesota pronounciation for you ) also have their share of pressure.
    In the back of thier minds , they know that they have had zero success against Rubber toe on his sheet.
    This may haunt them all the way to the first tee box unless they can figure out a way to crack him.
    And they fuckin A well know it.
    THIS is what the playoffs are all about , sports fans.
    And I am stoked.

11. ReaperVelle

ReaperVelle Little member

Bruins All The Way........

GO Bruins!!!!!!!!

Time to bring it home boys!

12. floorguy61

floorguy61 Huge member

Go Bruins!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. RICKY1971

RICKY1971 ʔʔʔĦĔŁŁŘÅĪŚ&#2

better them than the damn canucks!!!! I'm from Pittsburgh, it was a rel letdown year. But what can you expect when you are missing probably the best player in the game and Malkin who is probably top 6. Please no Cindy jokes. They mey be a machine next year if everyone is healthy:bwah:

14. hankster

hankster Brigade Member Brigade Member

YUP !!!:ross::ross::ross:

15. RNST

Being from Vancouver, I do not approve of this thread.

:movethread:

:madaddy:

16. RICKY1971

RICKY1971 ʔʔʔĦĔŁŁŘÅĪŚ&#2

one of the mods must be a Canucks fan:devilzide

17. floorguy61

floorguy61 Huge member

Yeah Baby!!!!! Boston titles from all four major sports teams in less than eight years!! Too bad the gun laws suck here!

18. RICKY1971

RICKY1971 ʔʔʔĦĔŁŁŘÅĪŚ&#2

Absolutely not!!!! Mybe we don't want to offend anyone that lives in canada:cry:

19. hankster

hankster Brigade Member Brigade Member

How sweet it is !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

20. Z'ha'dum

Z'ha'dum Shadow

One of the best playoffs in a long long time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.