1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The "High Roller" hunter...

J. Doyle Jul 28, 2016

1. J. Doyle

J. Doyle knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I thought I'd show this knife here. I call it the "High Roller" hunter because of the handle material. This material is MONEY!! No....seriously...it's actually money. :D Real U.S. shredded currency cast in alumilite resin. It's a real high quality product, no cracks, bubbles or voids. Pretty neat stuff, I think. It looks like digicam to me so I thought it would be cool on a hunter.

Specs:
    Hand-forged from 1075 steel, clay quenched and etched
    8 1/8" overall, 3 7/8" blade, .200" thick at the ricasso with full distal taper
    False edge, just shy of sharp
    Heavily rounded spine and ricasso edge for comfort
    Rounded, filed thumb grip
    Black g-10 collars
    Bronze Coin-edged spacer
    Shredded Money 'moneycarta' contoured handle- material courtesy of http://kobrakydexgear.com/ Thanks man!
    My signature fluting on the butt end, though it's a bit hard to see because of the pattern of the money (made doing that extremely difficult on this piece, by the way)
    Black g-10 checkered bolt cover

The right hand horizontal carry/cross draw sheath is sharkskin and lined with deerskin. Courtesy of my friend and master leather worker Claude Scott.

All comments and discussion welcome. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

markandrex likes this.
  2. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Nice, very nice! Some outstanding character in that piece.:devilwag:

3. Rover

Rover Rock N' Roll Outlaw JDBA Official Member

Very nice!

4. Band-aid

Band-aid Stuck on 'em! JDBA Official Member

I have never seen anything like that before....bravo!:thumbsup:
    I wonder how much money is in there? Lol

5. Molonlabe300

Molonlabe300 Huge member

Your work is incredibly clean as usual, it looks Great! I'm not sure how I feel about the handle material, but it does look good. I guess I some what of a traditionalist when it comes to knife handles. I guess I'm finally starting to show my age......

Don

6. Winter

Winter Rampaging Sausage Knife Maker or Craftsman

Amazing knife. The hamon is fucking gorgeous.

7. Drill Sergeant

Drill Sergeant Huge member

This is one of those knives that I would love to own and take hunting. Then I wouldn't want to use it, because it's so beautiful.

I enjoy practical knives that have class.

8. J. Doyle

J. Doyle knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses.

I think this is an interesting material. It's a good choice for a hunter, for those that want a durable and stable synthetic. The shades of green make for an almost digicam effect.

It would be cool on folder scales, I think. Which might not be too far down the line.