1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The heads up/deal spotter thread - the auto version!

itadakimasu Nov 30, 2013

1. Papercuts

Papercuts JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

2. Spike G

Spike G Little member

If Larry was at the Greenville sc gun show and carries a badass d.o.c. then yup. I've been kicking myself for not getting his card

3. Papercuts

4. Papercuts

5. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

6. tmbrcrafter

tmbrcrafter totally hetero, no seriously Brigade Member

kinda rough on a brutha for keeping in your pocket. I believe this would be the new "castration carry" design

7. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Carrying issues aside, (I normally like most Microtech knives), but I have to wonder if (even with the sheath) it is more prone to dust/lint etc...

Most Microtechs I have carried do pretty well considering te amount of dust and lint they come across in my pocket, and MT is usually pretty good with their tolerancing, but I can't help but wonder how 'open' it is around where the blade exits allowing 'stuff' in.

I understand that it isn't really meant for pocket carry, and that belt/ rig carry is what it is designed for , but I can't help but wonder ....

What about when it is inside your gear bag, or inside your range bag, then in that case does the sheath keep it clean and clear enough?

Then again, maybe I am seeing problems that don't exist...

Edit:: also anyone know if it is a Makora blade in an ultratech?

8. blaster45

blaster45 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

From the HQ descriptions, the Venomtech has a 5.5 inch blade while the Markora II has a 4.45 inch blade.

9. Coconutfilipino

That is ALOT of blade!--wow.

10. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

Yeah the knife is pretty absurd and we aren't taking it too serious. Just a fun little project. It is quite the conversation piece though!

I think it actually functions better than an Ultratech because of the extra blade weight. The blade is over an inch longer than the Makora II to give you an idea of big it is. Enjoy!

-Jacob

Microtech Venomtech OTF Knife

[video=youtube;YVxh5oRrjUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVxh5oRrjUw[/video]

11. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

A review from Jim Skelton:

[video=youtube;menho42LfXI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=menho42LfXI[/video]

12. Coconutfilipino

That smiling Rob video is funny!!!

Good stiff!! I mean, good stuff!!!

And always good to hear you chime in, Mr. Knudsen.

13. corjzg

corjzg Hittin' Switches

VenomTech (MT VT OTF)

Released today, this is the reason why there are no decent Scarabs or Halo Vs around? An OTF whose blade is designed too long, so it sticks out (looking like it's half open). A nifty sheath helps keep your family jewels attached for EDC. It reminds me of an OTF version of those cheap side-opener Bowie switches, where the blade was twice the size of the handle, and would stick out the end when closed. Absolute Fail IMHO. Anyone think it's a home run? I mean, it looks great open, but closed is a train wreck. Decent price point tho
    -JG VT.CLOSD.jpg

VT.OPEN.jpg

14. D2AP

D2AP Better than gold or platinum

Yeah, I was scratching my head wondering what the hell they were thinking when I saw it. I thinks it's stupid. I see no purpose in it. This is coming from someone who loves Microtech OTFs.

15. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Can't wait for the folks who are bothered by the usual slight blade play of *normal* DA OTFs to try one of these out... :unintroduced:

16. D2AP

Now it makes sense. :ross:

[video=youtube;e29RiBUvTxw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e29RiBUvTxw[/video]

17. Coconutfilipino

I can understand why you, myself, or others may say that ..but, it IS unique. And afyer watching the Jim Skelton video, NOW...I kinda want one.

It'd fit right in on a chest-rig, or pack strap....

-- makes me wonder/want to ask if they have serial number 0420 available...

Especially after having owned a few Halo's...those never seemed to be ..um..exactly 'practical' pen-knife sized blades either...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
  18. D2AP

I kinda want one simply because I think it's so ridiculous. :bwah:

19. Coconutfilipino

Exactly...

And strangely...I ALREADY find myself justifying it in my mind....

Like--"well, I can use the exposed blade for normal stuff, like opening packages and stuff, ..buuuuuuttttt the extra blade is there if I want it..."

And when you start justifying things and finding reasons...it's a fair sign....

I liked the Jim Skelton video , and those spoof ads are hilarious!

20. D2AP

I won't be getting one, at least not any time soon. But at some point if I find myself with some spare cash I might.