1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The end times?

Worker Jun 9, 2008

1. Worker

Worker Slacker Brigade Member

Are we living in the end times?

Are the signs there?

How bad is it?

The Economy is Tanking...
    There are Wars and Rumors of wars....
    Food shortages seem eminent....
    CDC is ready to fly anywhere at a moments notice to stop the next superbug...
    The Polar ice is melting...
    Oil is out of control...
    Things just seem tense out there..
    The price of ammo makes gas look cheap...
    People are mean and sucky....

Paranoid?? or real???

What do fellow Devils think?

donnamc likes this.
  2. Bear Claw Chris Lappe

Bear Claw Chris Lappe Level: True Devil

I think Post-Millennialism is a much better theory than Pre-Millennialism.

3. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

When things seem this bad... it's time to turn off the TV news and watch cartoons!

donnamc likes this.
  4. maui4lowry

maui4lowry Zombie Eradicator Extraordinaire

TV?......what is this mystery you speak of?...in all reality I canceled my cable 5 months ago

5. MJ

MJ a most pure angel Lady Devil

If the end isn't near, I'd better hold on to my ass, things are gettin ugly and rough out there!!! :ssad:

6. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

End of everything? No. End of things as we know and want it? Yes.

donnamc likes this.
  7. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

I'm with RoadFish here.
    Not the end , but a new beginning.
    The best advice I can give is to withhold the desperate acts until things become truly desperate.
    Then follow my lead.:madaddy:

Worker likes this.
  8. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

history is doomed to repeat itself, generally when a civilization reaches it's peak of decadence it crumbles... as for wars everywhere, what's changed, there have always been wars everywhere, that won't stop, it's human nature. Over here in N. America we really are sheltered and protected from the rest of the world, when we see the rest of the world we don't know what to think.

As for all the other shit going on over here... like I said, things begin to crumble...

9. Rayne187

Rayne187 Little member

They always say that you can't run from your problems but didn't our ancestors flea to America and try to get away from all that crap?

"history is doomed to repeat itself" --- Well said.....

10. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Too many people, not enough good places to run to....

11. Bruce

Bruce New Jersey's *other* Bruce

After reading these posts, I started to load all of my guns and barricade the doors and windows. :bwah: :bruce:

12. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

The Mayan Doomsday Prophecy? Dec. 21st, 2112?
    Among others.

It won't be "the end of the world", but it'll be the end as we know it, yes.
    If it happens.

And if it really is "The End", we'd all better just keep the "Faith" I guess.

13. txkaratedude

txkaratedude Dewey Cocks Brigade Member

The chinese calendar has the same end date, 12/21/2112.

14. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Know what ~ if it really is landing they ain't nothing i can do about except ruin my state of mind by worrying ... not goin for that...

~ Meanwhile some natural born hillbillies going to give it a good fight and I salute them :bwah:

15. bigmark408

bigmark408 BANNED Fucktard

Its Time !!

16. tmik

tmik Midwest Knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I wonder if this same thing was said during the great depression and then again after we go sucked into WWII?

But there does seem to be a change blowing on the wind and I'm not sure every one will like it...

17. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

there are about 3 different things that point to the year 2012 that i have heard of. i forget what the third was, but two were already mentioned here. i've also heard something about the earth changing it's axis which would be way crazy, and i'm not quite sure about any of this, but it is definitely interesting. How does this affect my life? it doesn't right now, other than give me some crazy things to speculate. also, i heard something previously on the history channel about the Sahara and how they found waterline marks in some caves and other evidence that there used to be water there. that made the changing axis theory not to far fetched for me.

i think that the third thing was either Nostrodamus or one of the Fatima prophecies. can't seem to remember right now.

18. Boogerball

Boogerball My posse's on Broadway Brigade Member

don't forget about LHC... link

[​IMG]

19. dsgibbs1

dsgibbs1 Average member

HIGGS bOSON

Well if someone else isnt a math geek or at least a follower of math i dont know who is. Boogerball mentioned it. If you dont know what it is. Its math. In theory, Its kinda like the big bang. You can either create a universe, or destroy it. While I dont want to be a spoil to this thread. I hope that whoever watches over things Cosmic. Doesnt one day go to their Cosmic maker. and say well shit I cant believe I left that on. And cut our burner off.:cry: Till we kill ourselves of some deity does. i plan on doing what everyone else does. Eat, sleep, try to make happy. And complain to my wife how bad I think it is:devilfinger:

20. SZiehr

SZiehr Better than gold or platinum

SSDD