1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

The Corona Virus CV-19 Survival Thread AKA This is the End My Friend

El Gringo Feb 13, 2020

1. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

i have washed my hands so much at work that this sucks.

rip my hands flesh

Balibuyer and crogers like this.
  2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

In my experience, ALL the Gulf states lack a sense of humoUr when it comes to looting during, or immediately after, a hurricane... :ropeman:

tubtar, apdallaround and Balibuyer like this.
  3. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Yeah, the old confederates had alot wrong w/ it but the whole "a man is the king of his castle." thing was pretty spot on.

4. Balibuyer

Balibuyer JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

….I'm talkin bout backwoods Mississippi here. I'm from California, but lived here 20 years now. Shit is racially fucked. But it's a tough call whether or not they'd wanna stick it to the hard workin white man given the current circumstances. The laws just aren't clear enough here. Yea sure, feel threatened, drop a bitch but empty the clip, one story, done and over with...…..then i'm on next seasons Locked Up. Bottom line, im bringing the fam out tomorrow and i'd kill a bitch for em regardless of what would/could happen to me....just like any of us would. I would just like to be able to drop the fucker at the gate from the front porch (a tad over 200 yds) with my 7 mag and it be ok, no questions asked, if she comes back.

5. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

apdallaround likes this.
  6. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Been a stupid day in this part of Tennessee.
    2 stores visited found eggs..bread and peanut butter for the old guy down the road. No chicken today..hoarders are still out in force..

This evening my life is turned upside down..Fleamarket closed!

ded i, tubtar and apdallaround like this.
  7. adnj

adnj Huge member

Sorry, but there is a lot of mathematical reasoning that is wrong here.

Seasonal flu hospitalizes about 0.5% of the people that become infected.
    Covid-19 hospitalizes about 5%.
    Nearly 10% of hospitalized flu patients die.
    More than 10% of Covid-19 hospitalized patients die.
    About 30 million Americans contract the flu each year resulting in about 20,000 deaths.

Even though Covid-19 is more infections than the flu, social distancing may offset the current lack of a vaccine.

And given the same rate of infection as the flu, you may see more than 200,000 deaths this year due to Covid-19 in the US alone.

A study done by the Imperial College UK projects that without social distancing, a vaccine, or herd immunity, the number of deaths in the US goes up to 2.2 million this year.

https://www.ft.com/content/16764a22-69ca-11ea-a3c9-1fe6fedcca75

8. crogers

9. crogers

TPAlternative 7.jpg

tubtar, Kelper, seandavid55 and 5 others like this.
  10. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Where is my reasoning wrong? I provided you a link to the CDC with the raw numbers and you can do the calculations yourself.

You provided me a list of stats such as "Covid-19 hospitalizes about 5%" that you say refute my calculations. Where are your raw numbers where you calculated this?

I showed you mine now you show me yours.

I haven't had the chance to read the link you provided from a news organization that is reporting on a study that came from a foreign government sponsored university. I just skimmed it. I'll try to read it sometime today when I get a chance and get back to you.

apdallaround likes this.
  11. crogers

InMyDay.jpg

tubtar, wcjohn, adnj and 7 others like this.
  12. apdallaround

13. crogers

I wouldn't give more than 5 sheets of TP for a doughnut and BJ.... :madaddy:

tubtar, Kelper, Flip Tripper and 2 others like this.
  14. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Well, I was supposed to head to the next job tomorrow. Now were headed home instead. Things around here (Seattle/Snohomish area) really aren't bad. Went to the store, bought food and beer. Fed myself all week. Only shelf I've seen empty is toilet paper. And for fuck sake, if shit really hit the fan, is having a wiped ass the top priority Haha. How have people survived throughout time.

Anyway, nonessential personnel were sent home a week-ish ago. I guess this job had some priority. Honestly I'd rather go with our work schedule, but obviously dont have a choice.

Truth is, lots of people and families will be in a terrible way already.

tubtar, ded i, apdallaround and 3 others like this.
  15. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Since the Fleamarket is closed..I went to Walmart just before 8am..only 1 bags of 2 chickens..I got 1 lady in a wheelchair/cart got the other. Swung by a piece of ground I thought a Fleamarket guy would be selling veggies. .got 5 big turnips for $3.. Hope others came to buy from him..I will try and set up a few cds next week...I made curry tonight lol. I have no idea how long the Fleamarket will be shut down..

tubtar, ded i, apdallaround and 3 others like this.
  16. crogers

17. adnj

adnj Huge member

From the CDC published report abstract you can see the rate of fatality ranging between 1% and 12%. Seasonal flu has a rate of 0.1% (according to the link you supplied from the CDC). Along with the expectation that more 80% of the infected will have mild symptoms.

With a CDC estimate of 20,000 deaths per year from seasonal flu, you should expect 200,000 to 2.4 million deaths from Covid-19.

Published by our government's agency on our government's website - assuming that you are a US citizen, of course.
    :jdwink2:

----------

Estimating Risk for Death from 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease, China, January–February 2020

Since December 2019, when the first case of 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) was identified in the city of Wuhan in the Hubei Province of China, the epidemic has generated tens of thousands of cases throughout China. As of February 28, 2020, the cumulative number of reported deaths in China was 2,858. We estimated the time-delay adjusted risk for death from COVID-19 in Wuhan, as well as for China excluding Wuhan, to assess the severity of the epidemic in the country. Our estimates of the risk for death in Wuhan reached values as high as 12% in the epicenter of the epidemic and ≈1% in other, more mildly affected areas. The elevated death risk estimates are probably associated with a breakdown of the healthcare system, indicating that enhanced public health interventions, including social distancing and movement restrictions, should be implemented to bring the COVID-19 epidemic under control.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/6/20-0233_article

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Kelper likes this.
  18. crogers

RestockedYet.jpg

tubtar, adnj, seandavid55 and 3 others like this.
  19. apdallaround

I’m at the park benches if anyone feels like hanging out.
    [​IMG]

tubtar, Balibuyer, chutcher and 4 others like this.
  20. crogers

TPAlternative 2.jpg

Balibuyer, adnj, Flip Tripper and 2 others like this.