1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Jim L., woodlander and BennytheBlade like this.
  2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I had one I wore as a belt in high school. Nobody knew what it was, they just thought it was metal :parker: . Never had to use it thankfully cause it woulda been a felony.

Jim L. and apdallaround like this.
  3. apdallaround

when hooked together they make a very effective manriki, who knew?
    [​IMG]

*other than @BennytheBlade

Jim L. likes this.
  4. BennytheBlade

Well, you need a good lump of steel on each end, but it could work.

Jim L., apdallaround and crogers like this.
  5. apdallaround

the leather isn’t overly weighted but it does have heft

its easy to grip the leather and the chain slides well on itself

could easily wrap to disarm or pin down

it like it and really any weapon is what you make of it

BennytheBlade likes this.
  6. BennytheBlade

true dat. I just like having a morning star in disguise around my waist back in the day. But if it work (aka if you practice) it will work.

apdallaround likes this.
  7. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Back in the day, I had a length of twist link chain with a 3" piece of 3/4" cold-rolled steel welded to each end. It worked well, except that I almost broke my elbow while practicing with it!

I made a practice manriki with 4mm braided cotton rope with a 3" piece of broom stick attached to the ends. Still enough weight to get it swinging. Still hurt enough to make you play right and make sure to keep you honest, but, not enough to break any bones.

apdallaround and BennytheBlade like this.
  8. BennytheBlade

I had a pair of steel nunchuks and a buddy who wasnt very good used them. I tried to warn him to be careful but BOOM knocked himself out on concrete street. He could never tell us which hurt more, the chucks or the street. He didnt remember any of it.

apdallaround and crogers like this.
  9. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

I never owned any 'chuks. I had a friend with multiple black belts, in multiple disciplines, who could swing 'chuks with the best of them. A local theater actually hired him to put on a performance during one of the Bruce Lee film runs.

Me? I watched too many fools knock themselves, or other idiots, out with the damn things. I decided I wanted to keep what few brain cells I still had.... :bwah:

I've also seen a couple of them seriously bruise their manhood. I can live without that! :devilzeek

apdallaround and BennytheBlade like this.
  10. BennytheBlade

Only reason I had chuks in the first place was of course, Bruce Lee. He inspired so many of my generation. I never knocked myself out, but I banged my elbows so many times just thinking about it hurts.

I got pretty good with them (not the best but better than most) but I never had to hit anyone. Course in high school most people knew I was the fuck up w/ the chucks so that helped. When I went thru the legs I always made sure it tapped me on the butt. No way I was risking the family jewels.

apdallaround, GalaxyGrove and crogers like this.