1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Terry Guinn - Custom Balisong Flipper (WIP)

AnthonyTheAbyss Apr 10, 2019

1. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Average Member

That's a great post. How does it flip sir?

2. Highlander478

Highlander478 Little Member

Sooooooo very beautiful!!!

3. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

From the few basic moves I did it felt fantastic. But that doesn't qualify as flipping. I'll get the opinion of those who are more qualified than me when I meet up with them.

Thanks man. It was such a great experience that I might ask him for another custom of my own design.

***More people should get a custom

4. Highlander478

Well, maybe I should save my pennies for one, instead of loading up mid-levels...

5. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

They arent as expensive as you think. If you want all damascus and mokuti it can be, but if you want a basic flipper, they are very reasonable.

Shawnjohn999999 and seandavid55 like this.
  6. AnthonyTheAbyss

I literally was having this conversation with somebody in messaging. Because of the crazy after market prices people assume that these customs are out of their price range. Why spend $750 -$800 for a midtech when you can get a custom...from a MASTER KNIFEMAKER.

***Doesn't make sense

7. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Yes, when I saw what some of the mid techs were getting and then saw what some of the really talented custom makers where asking, I knew the prices wouldnt hold up. People can say "its a collectors item" midtech, but its not a one off, made by a maker who makes 50 knives a year at most.

seandavid55 likes this.
  8. Highlander478

Well, I guess you don’t know what you don’t know! I’m glad I saw this...I’ll look into it! Thank you.

BennytheBlade likes this.
  9. zach_balisong

zach_balisong Huge member

After a brief hiatus, im flipping pretty seriously again. Lets set this up Tony.

10. AnthonyTheAbyss

College and life will do that to you LOL. You know my entire collection is always available to you kid. You're as pro as it gets.

***We'll make it happen

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    zach_balisong likes this.
  11. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Well this thread was a bad influence.

20190601_180941-1024x1020.jpg

I'm quite impressed. And to Terry, I apologize for stealing one of your pictures. This bali is so shiny I couldnt take even a remotely decent picture.

12. BennytheBlade

Kickass Sean. That one deserves its own thread.

seandavid55 likes this.
  13. AnthonyTheAbyss

I've never seen that one. Absolutely stunning.

***Everybody needs a Guinn in their collection lol

14. wcjohn

wcjohn Sum Quod Sum JDBA Official Member

That's one nice knife. Luvin' the profile. Congrats man!