1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible movie/good movie. Don't rent this.. rent that.

Michelle Jul 6, 2008

1. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Thanks Doc, I'll check out the local store with those titles.

Doc Pringles likes this.
  2. jimmydred

jimmydred Duraznos Pesado

That was my very favorite Jack Black movie!
    Come on, The "Jelly beans"?
    When he is tied to the tree...or tied to the back of the pack animal!

...without a doubt the best film work Tom Cruise has been a part of/in since fucking Risky Business

What? No TIVO?

Ya never know, I could not even get my Dad to watch it due to his loss of friends in the real deal. For some folks nothing about Nam could ever be funny.

3. Dr Mabuse

Dr Mabuse Set your motherfucker to "receive"

If you are counting on a local store, it's no wonder you can't find many DVD's.

I'd be surprised if even one I mentioned would be at a local store, unless you have a Hastings superstore or a similar type of Walmart-sized movie store near you.

4. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

NetFlix seems to have a good selection

5. Doc Pringles

Doc Pringles The Devilz Doctor Brigade Member

Stay away from "A Perfect Getaway" even with Milla Jovovich looking all kinds of dirty, sweaty hot. I have no idea what it's about and I saw it last night.

6. Dr Mabuse

It does.

They should send Blockbuster a thank you card for their success.

7. Towelie

I still gotta see Midnight Meat Train, i think you reco'd that one a while back, but i'm still catching up on Weeds before the new season starts. It's in my queue tho.

I'm not sure if you caught that i watched Spartan since i heard you and Ron talking about it. Did you honestly like that movie, or just the akwardness of Val's char/acting, or just that one line? I watched it, but couldn't seem to get into it.

8. Dr Mabuse

I really liked 'Spartan', and I'm a huge Mamet fan in general.

9. KDOG

KDOG Huge member

Don't wait for Avatar to hit the rentals. Go see it in IMAX, 3D, though. It's worth the difference.

10. Towelie

maybe i should have laid off the cigaweed, but my uhh cataracts were acting up.

wierd, i totally dug a few of his other movies. this one just didn't do it i guess. Ronin, Hannibal, Glengarry Glen Ross, Heist, The Untouchables.

11. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle frenchtickler

I was excited to see shutter island when i saw the first preview. but now that they keep updating the previews i feel like i've already seen it... seems like all movie previews these days take you through all the emotions and thrills in 45 seconds that you would get from a 2 hour sit.

Anyone seen shutter island or wolfman? those are the only 2 out that i've considered seeing.

12. lachrymalex

lachrymalex hellion on point

fuckin' A; Spartan was pretty bad ass, in an unassuming way.

you know what was real good? Where the Wild Things Are. i took my kid to see it, and i was mightily impressed.

the Book of Eli was predictable, but still entertaining. seeing Denzel kick some ass is always a good time.

the Wolfman was one of the worst remakes i've ever seen.

later on, i'm gonna watch Harold and Maude for the 10 millionth time. one of the funniest movies ever.

13. PIC

PIC Unchained

a few films..

check out Zombieland. pretty good for a few laughs. Woody Harrelson
    is a hoot. is mainly a spoof on all the zombie films made.

also, saw Dreamcatcher the other nite. Stephan King's mind is twisted.:ross:
    you have to see this movie to believe it. Good cast including Morgan
    Freeman, Tom Sizemore, Timothy Olyphant, etc.

Surrogates- w/ Bruce Willis. not bad. not great.
    do NOT rent Smokin' Aces 2. if you liked the first one, you'll hate
    this one.

14. sbl212

sbl212 The Cool Kid

just finished watching Law Abiding Citizen. i have to say it was a very good movie. Don't know how i feel about the ending though..

15. PIC

PIC Unchained

I want to see that. don't tell us the ending. thanks.:devil1:

16. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

I downloaded, and watched Shutter Island the other night.

I thought that I had figured out the plot from watching the commercials on TV.

I was right! :bwah:

Because I had figured out the movie before watching it, it was pretty boring. Even if I didn't know the plot, the frist 2/3 of the movie was pretty damn slow and boring.

Jarlaxle likes this.
  17. HotrodKelley

HotrodKelley Brigade Member Brigade Member

The ending ruined that movie!

PIC- don't waste your time bro.

Honestly, the movie was pretty good, unbelievable, but good.... Until the end.
    Disney had to write the ending to that film

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2010
  18. Dr Mabuse

'Protege' by Tung-Shing Yee is fantastic.

Check it out if you get the chance.

Nebuchadnezzar likes this.
  19. diggumsmack2

diggumsmack2 Level: True Devil

Zombieland

+another one for Zombieland, watched it with my neece and nephew, we laughed the whole way through the movie.

20. PBC

PBC Huge member

A couple of good action/suspense movies from back in the day:
    High Risk and Night of the Juggler.
    Both star James Brolin and are VERY entertaining. Grab the popcorn and enjoy.

One directed by Billy Bob Thornton that was very good was The Gift - plus Katie Holmes is nekkid in it.:ross:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010