1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible movie/good movie. Don't rent this.. rent that.

Michelle Jul 6, 2008

1. Houstonian

Houstonian Short Round Brigade Member

To anyone lucky enough to still have Hell or High Water in theaters nearby, I highly suggest going to see it right away!

It's probably the most accurate and poignant depiction of small town Texas living that I've ever seen on the big screen, and a downright enjoyable movie in its own right.

2. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Now I really know nothing of Texas but I will say ditto on Hell or high water being a pretty grand movie :manganr:

3. coyotebc

coyotebc Huge member

Hateful eight maybe 4 out of 10

4. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

anybody that would enjoy westerns, Open Range..won,t be disapointed..

BennytheBlade likes this.
  5. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

New movie out The Magnificent Seven is pretty good too, or Django Unchained

6. HankHill

HankHill Little member

Great movie.
    Also the lesser known greats, Clay Pidgins, Drowning Mona. Also death to smootchy.

exile82187 likes this.
  7. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

My wife and I are enjoying this now. :thumbsup:

BennytheBlade likes this.
  8. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

Captain Fantastic is a good movie about a man(Vigo Mortenson) raising his kids off the grid.

9. 22MEANTXGUNS22

22MEANTXGUNS22 Huge member

"Satanic" was pretty much a forgettable piece of crap that was not scary and made no sense. "The Infiltrator" was actually alot better than I thought it was gonna be. I recommend the latter to those who like crime dramas.

10. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Just watched Ashby starring Mickey Rourke, surprisingly good:thumbsup:

11. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

"Get Out" - Don't bother. Complete and utter drivel. The only good thing was the main characters best mate, a big, fat and totally hilarious TSA Agent.

12. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

yes that was really good.

13. Towelie

I just caught How To Be A Latin Lover the other day. That was a great movie.

14. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I wanna go see Dark Tower, despite the reviews. Anyone seen it yet?

15. Towelie

I have not seen it, but it is cool to see Stringer Bell in something recent. Pretty much everyone else from The Wire has made it.

16. Stu

I watched " All is Lost" again, pretty much a monologue with barely any dialogue starring Robert Redford as a sailor who hits a shipping containers and has to fight to survive.

I enjoyed Lone Survivor again last night, too, and the ending where you see pics of the many fallen members of Operation Red Wings at their weddings and with their kids etc always makes me rather teary.

BennytheBlade and Kelper like this.
  17. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

I have seen All is Lost. There was a couple of moments I wondered where it was going.

Lone Survivor I have yet to see.

What's the big movie in England this month?

18. Stu

The next big release is "Lucky Logan" starring Daniel Craig and Channing Tatum.
    I don't like the look of it, if I'm honest

Kelper likes this.
  19. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

One of my movie critic friends has just seen Dunkirk, I have heard it's really good.

As a sidenote there is a series called Dunkirk on Britbox. Hope to start watching that next week. It's under Documentaries.

20. Karambit 42

Karambit 42 Tiny Member

Wind River looks good and has received some good reviews on Youtube channel's , online etc.
    It's a murder/mystery , thriller about an FBI agent who teams with a town's veteran game tracker to investigate a murder that occurred on a Native American reservation in Wyoming. It stars Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen ( Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch ) for all you Marvel comic fans ;)
    It's apparently Renner's best performance up to date and I'm a sucker for Olsen's beautiful Titties ! :firedevil

Towelie and Kelper like this.