1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible movie/good movie. Don't rent this.. rent that.

Michelle Jul 6, 2008

1. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

I don't watch too much Formula 1, but I did watch Rush and that movie was great. I cracked up when Niki Lauda was driving the Italian's car after being broken down in the country side. Very cool movie.

2. TacoMan5000

TacoMan5000 TacoDevilMan

We watched Monsters (2010) the other day. Not the action flick I was expecting, but still a great movie. The acting was excellent, and it was visually pleasing. The CGI, although low-budget, was used tastefully. Would definitely recommend.

3. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

JUST watched "Lone Survivor", based on Marcus Lutrells book on a SEAL Op in Afghan that went awry, and his four-man team ended up in a firefight with vastly superior numbers of Taliban.

What a movie!!

I found the book exciting & touching where the villagers took Lutrell in because of a two-thousand year old custom called "pashtunwali" where a host has to protect his guest at all costs.

I remember Lutrells description of having to jump/fall down cliff after cliff during the contact, and the film depicts this perfectly as the SEAL's put up a helluva fight against the odds.

The closing credits are very touching as they show photos of the fallen Soldiers,Sailors, Marines & Airmen, not just in uniform/in theatre but also with families & most heartbreakingly of all,with their children.

Its very rare to find a film thats as good as the book, but, IMHO, this film does the book justice.

Definitely watch it.

4. infocus2006

infocus2006 Huge member

The Lone Survivor is AWESOME! Highly recommend it!

5. Towelie

+1 more on Lone Survivor. Its a tragic yet great story.

6. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Frozen - Saw it with the girlfriend and loved it. It had some parts that made me laugh out loud. Classic Disney...3.5/5

47 Ronins - One of the worse movies EVER. Too long, you didn't get to know the characters, horrible love story, two funny moments. The commercial previews were more exciting. I honestly can't put into words how bad this movie was. So much potential and none of it was met...1/5.

***Will see Lone Survivor next

7. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

Seven Psychopaths was a great movie. My man Tom is awesome.

sickboy

8. nocheese4u

nocheese4u Notch'yo' cheese! JDBA Official Member

American Hustle was pretty good. I love ABSCAM stories and all the lovely Amy Adams side boobs.

9. corjzg

corjzg Hittin' Switches

Anchorman 2 was a fucking dud compared to the original. It wasn't horribly bad, & had it's moments, but I'd def give it a "wait for redbox".

I should have seen Lone Survivor. Great book. Guess I'll wait for Redbox!

10. Stu

Insidious 2 - Meh! Seen it all before!

Vendetta - Danny Dyer is a truly awful actor, but this revenge flick was entertaining enough.

Rush - Superb, what a character James Hunt was.

About Time - Wonderful. One of the most touching films I've seen in a long time. Heartwarming.

The Deadly Game / All things to All Men - Meh! Formulaic crap!

All is Lost - Surprisingly exciting and suspenseful considering its one actor Robert Redford and he only speaks ONE word through the whole film.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
    Towelie likes this.
  11. RedVenom

RedVenom Huge member JDBA Official Member

Lone Ranger (Johnny Depp)... CRAP...
    Percy Jackson SOM - decent
    Elysium - pretty good, didn't expect the ending
    Wolverine - Doesn't live up to the anime... Would have been better if the movie revolved around the mob island and the path to the top.
    The Mortal Instrument City of Bones - I liked it. Never read the books.

12. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty was one of the best movies I've seen in quite a while.

sickboy

13. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

[video=youtube_share;myhnAZFR1po]http://youtu.be/myhnAZFR1po[/video]

Love this movie :thumbsup:

14. Towelie

The Wolf of Wall Street was like Boiler Room meets Fear and Loathing with a side of Boogie Nights. I was entertained.

Grudge Match wasnt bad. Being an mma fan, I really liked the Chael P. Sonnen cameo. They made that a trailer for another market.
    [YOUTUBE]bygrgpfZ1XY[/YOUTUBe]

15. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I just watched Robert DuVall's The Apostle

He plays a creepy southern pastor who ran from the law and is trying to start over in a small town.

Did I mention he was creepy??

The church scenes were very well acted. Anyone who has been to those types of churches will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. :tard:

16. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

Why do they have to change so much shit in a movie like Lone Survivor? Do audiences demand nonsense added to pad the story? It's a pretty decent movie, but I expected less fiction.

17. Stu

This week, I watched :-

Walter Mitty - Not terribly impressed, I'm afraid, though I laughed out loud at the "Don't fear the Porpoise, Befriend it, it will protect you from Sharks" scene. And I can't stand no-talent Sean Penn.

Escape - Formulaic but entertaining. Usual Stallone/Arnie stuff.

Wolf of Wall Street - LOVED it! My fave film in the last 12 months - I've never been prouder/more ashamed to be a Salesman!

Tonight:-

The Book Thief - Wonderful. A gentle, uplifting tale that I found both heartwarming and heartbreaking. The narration throughout the film was performed by "Death", and that was very cleverly done. An amazing tale with the horrors of book-burning, Kristallnacht, etc going on in the background.
    The little girl who plays Liesel is going to be a STAR!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
  18. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Leonardo was again awesome in the Wolf of wallstreet, Mitty was ok I liked the picture and it did have some funny moments , 47 ronins was pretty damn good.

19. Towelie

You're right, I liked the scenery in Mitty the most. I am hearing mixed reviews on 47 Ronin. maybe I should check it out.

20. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

I watched it twice but i'm a samurai flick freak:bwah:, dallas buyer club is an multiple oscar waiting to happen and lone survivor had great scenes,
    american hustle was well done as well,:manganr: