1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible movie/good movie. Don't rent this.. rent that.

Michelle Jul 6, 2008

1. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

:bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah:

2. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

Hey man I thought Bubba Ho-Tep was pretty good. It has Bruce Campbell in it! ALL HAIL THE KING!

3. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093185/

The Hidden. This is an old (1987) sci fi movie that introduced me to Kyle MacLachlan who did some decent stuff (Dune, Blue Velvet, Portlandia) and some horrible stuff (Sex in the City, Desperate Housewives, Showgirls).

It stood out to me back in the day because of the bad guys use of only Ferraris and listened to metal and the good guys use of only Porshes. This is back before the interwebs and being able to see exotic cars was a rare thing.

Its not the greatest movie, but it was not bad for '87

4. cja245

cja245 Level: True Devil

watched "End of Watch" tonight. Highly recommended :thumbsup:

5. TPetsch

TPetsch Ice Cold Handshake

Yea, looking forward to seeing this.
    I'm imagining a twist on "Training Day" vibe, in a good way.

6. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Not really, it's definantly not what I thought it was going to be, much better! Jack Reacher/ very good, Here Comes The Boom/ thought it was going to be a cheesy repeat of Bad Teacher(also hilarious) but it twists away from that and is hilarious, Dark Shadows/ my favorite Depp movie so much humor in the way his character talks, Parker (Jason Statham) it's decent not as good as I'd thought but worth renting.

7. 22MEANTXGUNS22

22MEANTXGUNS22 Huge member

For the first time ever I decided to do the entire Watchmen box set in one sitting. It consists of the motion comic which is about five and a half hours and the ultimate cut of the movie, which is basically the Director's Cut integrated with the Tales Of The Black Freighter animated short, is about three and a half hours long. The motion comic is not like any animated movie I've ever seen, the animation is very unique and haunting, I guess you'd have to look it up to understand what I mean by that. The movie itself was very good, a little creative liberty was used but that's Hollywood for you. Good cast, interesting soundtrack and alot of nice little silent nods to the original graphic novel itself and I most definitely do recommend that you guys own this box set. I had the DVD version but apparently a very nice looking re release on bluray has come out as well which is a nicer box and it comes with a hardcover edition of the graphic novel. I'm still on the fence about double dipping and getting this box set since I technically have the graphic novel already and I would really just be paying seventy dollars for a cooler looking box. The pains of being a devout movie collector........ :bwah:.

8. coyotebc

coyotebc Huge member

I liked the movie
    I didn't like Abraham Lincoln, Zombie Hunter though

9. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

Green Street Hooligans(2005). A very good movie. "A wrongfully expelled Harvard undergrad moves to London, where he is introduced to the violent underworld of football hooliganism." I am not sure how I missed it all these years.

Butterfly Effect(2004). Interesting movie.

10. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

I was just reading some reviews on this. If you're from the UK, you will hate it, and if you're from the US you will like it.

11. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

I enjoyed it. You might have a point though. It probably wasn't violent enough for them. :bwah::bwah:

12. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

Just watched enemy at the gates. It is an awesome ww2 movie! I am heading out the door now to shoot my mosin nagant!

13. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

It's an awesome WW2 movie like Pearl Harbor is an awesome WW2 movie. A schlocky fictional love triangle overshadowing the real story/events.

14. 22MEANTXGUNS22

I just watched Young Guns 1 and 2. Interesting movies and it was weird to see Charlie Sheen back when he was um, normal and drug free. I never even knew there was a part two or that a guy came forward who may have been Billy the Kid (they seem not to know for sure). I used to think of westerns as kind of old and cheesy but these two particular ones were pretty awesome despite the creative liberties taken in retelling the story of the (I was told by my dad that most of Billy the Kid's partners didn't die in real life the way they died in those movies). Still a very cool movie, almost makes me wish they would start redoing westerns again.

15. GlockNRolla

GlockNRolla Intergalactic Booty Hunter

They've made and remade plenty of Westerns in the last few years...

Silverado
    Quigley Down Under
    Tombstone
    The Unforgiven
    Open Range
    Seraphim Falls
    3:10 to Yuma
    Appaloosa
    True Grit

ded i likes this.
  16. Rat Finkenstein

yeah, except open range sucked balls. Another Kevin Costner vanity project.

17. 22MEANTXGUNS22

I got to see the original version of "Romeo & Juliet" starring Olivia Hussey. Was interesting to see Austin Power's boss as Tybalt in that movie, didn't know he'd been acting so long. I know it's kind of cheesy watching a movie like that but in all honesty, I think it's a lot better than the one with Leo Decaprio. Yea it's all stylized and hip but for lack of a better wording, I'm a typical guy and Olivia Hussey was just a hotter Juliet than the one from the newer version and it's just a more fitting adaptation. For some reason it was just weird to see a multi racial, American cast playing characters that are supposed to be English (as a kid I remember English accents were always used if the high schools did this for their play and to hear the same dialogue done without them just doesn't hit the ear right). Kind of a chick flick but also has a medieval gang rivalry kind of a thing going on as well as a lot of fighting and sword play so it's not a total wuss flick. If your into time pieces I guess you might dig this version.

18. Rat Finkenstein

Yeah, the "original version" of Romeo and Juliet :unintroduced:

19. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

20. Malt

Malt PEW PEW Brigade Member

Smala Sussie "Slim sussie" funny shit

[YOUTUBE]pkxW5SpBkI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lCGCG7emoQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]X4BmzvHdVhw[/YOUTUBE]

Pölsa is KING