1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible movie/good movie. Don't rent this.. rent that.

Michelle Jul 6, 2008

1. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

Heartbreak Ridge is a cool ass flick. i still love it when he lays out The Swede. In the Line of Fire is a good one too. John Malkovich brought the right amount of creepy. I haven't yet seen The Gauntlet.

your collection might benefit from Forrest Gump and Saving Ryan's Privates.

a bit of a thinker on my end too, but i enjoyed it for the most part. a "who done it" though? not sure i agree.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
  2. the dude

the dude this aggression will not stand man

you should really try riding in a monkey piloted jet car,
    maybe just maybe it'll be enough to raise your heartrate a tiny bit:manganr:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
    Towelie likes this.
  3. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Zero Dark 30 was great (to me anyway)....kinda explains why it's not so easy to find one man, no matter who it is or what they've done..especially when your allies are enemies in disguise! Also felt it might help our weaker comrades understand why "torture" is a needed evil in world where battles are no longer fought on battle grounds....but the PC police still don't get it....lets set up civilian trials for terrorist and see how well we stop the violence..:devilroll:

4. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Extract me and my family laughed through the whole movie, and if comedy isn't your thing Jack Reacher comes out next tuesday(5-7)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
  5. TPetsch

TPetsch Ice Cold Handshake

Watched "Jack Reacher" last night and while I thought it was not great it was definitely worth watching, some pretty good twists, turns, fight scenes, two solid laugh out louds, one solid cringe, even an OK car chase and some Hollywood sniper bits. I give it a 2.875 out of 4 :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
  6. 22MEANTXGUNS22

22MEANTXGUNS22 Huge member

I decided to double dip and repurchase the Flashback Edition of "The Breakfast Club". I've always liked that movie and hadn't seen it in ages but recently watching "Weird Science" made me want to again. A friend had suggested the Flashback edition as it has commentary by Judd Nelson and Anthony Michael Hall and I will say that while the movie itself will always be a classic, the commentary those two provide gives a whole new perspective of the film as well as some hilarious little stories. A definite recommend for those who love John Hughes movies.

7. creich420

creich420 Enormous member

DO NOT watch these two movies:1 Lords of Salem the new Rob Zombie film. Not if you like old lady tits and no real plot line
    :2 Bubba Ho-Tep about black JFK and Elvis in a nursing home trying to save the residents from a soul sucking mummy.

8. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

9. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Worst movie of all time? Plan 9 from Outer Space with Bela Lugosi. This flick sucks the big one. Then again some of ya's might like it:manganr:

10. TPetsch

TPetsch Ice Cold Handshake

Watched Mud also, I thought it was one of the best movies I have seen in quite some time, I give it a solid A.

11. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

Bubba Ho-Tep is a fantastic low budget movie. Yeah it's absurd. Yeah it's campy. But that's the point. Seriously, what were you expecting when you watched it? Schindler's List? The Godfather?

12. Planterz

Just watched "Jack Reacher". I haven't read the books, so I can't compare, but I thoroughly enjoined it, and I'm not Tom Cruise's biggest fan. I especially liked it when he beat that one thug unconscious by bashing his head with the head of the other unconscious thug.

13. exile82187

If you are into foreign movies I watched Ong Bak the warrior on netflix today didn't suck and had some great martial arts scenes.:thumbsup:

14. Planterz

Watch "The Protector" next. Jackie Chan is almost 60. He's not doing the crazy shit he used to. Tony Jaa is the next crazy stunt martial artist. "The Protector" has about as much plot as "Ong Bak" (barely any), but the action is just as great to watch. One scene in particular stands out, where there is a single camera shot with no cuts that lasts for several minutes. Reminiscent of a scene from John Woo's "Hard Boiled".

exile82187 likes this.
  15. Towelie

i'll have to check out The Protector then too.

I watched The Place Beyond The Pines. I don't typically care for Ryan Gossling's acting, but the plot on this movie wasn't bad. a bit long, but not bad.

16. exile82187

I wanna like place beyond the pines but honestly I got lost after they started telling Bradley Coopers characters story:ross:

some other good foreign martial arts include; Merantau and The raid redemption lots of ass kicking little plot:thumbsup:

17. Towelie

you know you are probably right. it could have been way shorter. i liked the intertwining of the stories. my chick hated it and found it a waste of time with all the different characters(AJ in particular). when i watched the trailer at the movies a while back, i really thought it was just about a small core group of characters.

18. Myker

Myker Down For Life

Just finished Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. First few minutes were ok, then it just all blew from there.

19. exile82187

With a name like Abraham Lincoln: vampire hunter you have to be expecting a certain load of crap factor.:manganr:

20. Towelie

I heard this was based on a true story. I believe it was pre-civil war. just sayin' :ropeman: